• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will adobe drop Dreamweaver?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sites are interactive and dynamic. The sites collect data and reflect user data the website in real time. Muse is great for layout but I'm forced to use frames to make pages display dynamic data and collect complex data beyond emails.

What is the future of dreamweaver? Does XD provide ANY INTEREACTIVITY?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

I checked with the senior management about the future of Dreamweaver, and their answer was that they see no reason to stop developing the product. Dreamweaver will continue to exist, period.

I understand that no amount of reassurance will suffice, but I do want to put other Dreamweaver users visiting this post at ease.

I am marking my answer as correct only because I want this question to be addressed upfront for visitors that will not care to read the rest of the discussion. If any of you feel s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is simply not the right tool for creating dynamic web sites.   It's very limited in what it can do.  That's the price you pay for all that "ease of use."  Frames are no solution, either.

Dreamweaver isn't going away anytime soon.  There are too many designers who need to work with code & rely on DW to manage everything from small & static to web apps and enterprise level business sites.

See below for exporting Assets from Adobe Experience Design

Learn how to export production-ready assets from Adobe Experience Design as PNG, SVG, and PDF files.

Be sure to save assets to the local site folder you defined in Dreamweaver.   Site > New Site....  Example: C:\MyTestSite\

CC-localsite.jpg

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea,

given the news re Muse are you still confident that "Dreamweaver isn't going away anytime soon".

One alternative for me is to learn to code and use DW. But I am not about to invest in that if DW is going to go the same way as Muse.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of any such plan for Dreamweaver. I will check with the product management team to see if they have anything else to add.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the first time Adobe  have retired products and it certainly won't be the last.  In 2020, Flash, Muse and Business Catalyst will reach EOL. 

Dreamweaver remains an excellent tool for site management  and code editing.   If you can write your own code,   you will never be a slave to your software.   But non-coders will always have trouble when the software they rely on stops being developed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy, that is very helpful. I think I know which way I have to go. I've been looking for a project... every cloud has a silver lining!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Nancy's feedback, your current version of Dreamweaver will likely continue to work for a decade or more. Also, if you own a license for CS6, guard it with your life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

if you own a license for CS6, guard it with your life

Very sinister, but true.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with the senior management about the future of Dreamweaver, and their answer was that they see no reason to stop developing the product. Dreamweaver will continue to exist, period.

I understand that no amount of reassurance will suffice, but I do want to put other Dreamweaver users visiting this post at ease.

I am marking my answer as correct only because I want this question to be addressed upfront for visitors that will not care to read the rest of the discussion. If any of you feel strongly against that, let me know, and I will take care of unmarking it.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sort of in shock to hear even the mention of Dreamweaver being retired.

I'm only a casual webmaster, but I've only used DW since - well - Netscape Composer in 1997.

(Damn, I'm old. To me, CSS is a new-fangled gadget used by hipsters. And tables are GREAT for formatting!)

If it weren't for DW, I'd be royally rotated on a phallus of fire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To me, CSS is a new-fangled gadget used by hipsters. And tables are GREAT for formatting!

By @nylonnet

=========

Holy smokes!   😱

• 1994- CSS was first proposed.
  • 1996- CSS was invented.
  • 1998- CSS 2 was released and work on CSS 3 began.
  • 1999- CSS3 was released.

Fast forwared to 2023. There's nothing preventing you from continuing to use Dreamweaver alone or alongside other coding tools.  It's just not receiving any new features except compatibility and security updates.

[This topic from 2017 locked by moderator. If you wish to add anything, please start a new topic.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines