• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app Blank white screen/CEF Helper has stopped working- Windows 1607

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

( Edited by moderator: This issue is now 'Solved' )

We have multiple Citrix desktop servers with recently updated Creative Cloud Desktop where users upon logging immediately get a pop up error "Adobe CEF helper has stopped working".  Server OS is fully patched Windows Server 2016DC.  Application error log indicates offending module is kernelbase.dll

TOPICS
Acrobat , Enterprise , Teams , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

We now have an update available for the Creative Cloud desktop app (v 5.4.2.541), please click on this link to download the patch and install it to resolve this issue. 

Admins can create a package that contains the Creative Cloud desktop app from the Admin Console and deploy it to affected devices.

Let us know if this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, and same setup - on a Citrix Desktop, and I get the same pop-up over and over after last night's CC update. About to uninstall entirely, unless I see a solution here in the next few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Kindly confirm the version of the creative cloud installed/updated in which you are getting this error. Also, check if you are getting the same behavior on a physical machine as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having this issue on all of our Amazon Workspaces running Server 16 1607 (14393.4169). Once the new Creative Cloud App update fired off we repeatedly get the CEF error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  In our case, win2016 with citrix.  doing a repair on the Adobe Creative Cloud app via add/remove program seems to fix it for a short time and then it comes back.  the odd thing is right after the repair, the size of the install in add/remove programs says 553mb and then later it says its 723mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue on machines running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Please could you offer some advice on how resolve this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team,

This might be a VIRUS pretending to be Adobe CEF.
We are doing full scans for our virtual servers in AWS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, 

Kindly check the system requirements and supported environment of the creative cloud desktop app: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/technical-support-boundaries-virtualized-server-based.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/creative-cloud-deployment-on-vdi.html

If it is a physical machine, then I would recommend install the pending OS update and check if the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

Sorry to know that you are unable to use the Creative Cloud app due to this error, we are seeing this issue is only pertaining to Windows 10 LTSB 2016 version. 

Please upgrade your system OS from Windows 10 LTSB 2016 to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 and check, this should help resolve the issue. 

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can not upgrade our Windows server version because of license compatibility. We need asolution for Windows Server 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a joke? Creative Cloud is crashing so your solution is to updrade our entire company to Server 2019? This isn't a realistic solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a resolution.

Your update has caused the issue, the OS is fine.

Do you have a way of performing a roll back?  Or do you have any other more suitable and realistic solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

As per the document, the creative cloud apps are not supported on VDIs or server environments. 

I would recommend contacting the support team as they can look into this matter and suggest the best option to troubleshoot the issue. The admins can log a case from the admin console or click on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Adobe teams have identified an issue with a recent Creative Cloud Desktop (CCD) update on Windows 10 v1607 where an error message from Adobe CEF Helper, or a white screen, is displayed.

Currently installed individual apps are not affected and continue to work as expected once the error message from Adobe CEF Helper is dismissed. However, Creative Cloud Desktop and functionality such as installing updates, Discover Panel, and Marketplace are temporarily unavailable.

We are actively working on a hot fix, and do not have an ETA at this time. We will update this thread when a solution is available. We will also publish an update to http://status.adobe.com 

You'll need to download and patch all affected devices once the hot fix is available. Instructions to apply the update will also be made available.

Thank you for your patience, we really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Windows 10 1607 build 14393.953 physical machine.

This is a corporate SOE so an upgrade is not an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem on a Windows 10 LTSB 2016 1607 installed in desktop PC.

The Creative Cloud could not open and even can't uninstall.

I believed that upgrade to LTSC is not an official solution. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I think the engineering team was able to find the root cause of the issue and it will be resolved in the next update for all environments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds good. Hopefully it will solve the problem. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be great.

Do you know when the next update will be rolled out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello maxg13611796,

Unfortunately, there is no ETA yet but hopefully, it will be available soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a "Adobe CEF helper has stopped working" and when I close it it keeps popping up. I try and open the creative cloud app on my computer and it's basically a white square on my dell/windows computer. I was able to open the programs but I had to go to https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop and open them up via the browser instead. I've seen a couple people who have uninstalled/re-installed but it doesn't uninstall properly and leaves the apps permanently bugged. My german designer friend who works with the same issue saw this issue pop up "last night" and thinks it might have had to deal with some some sort of update either from windows or adobe. Is there a work around? I don't see this pop up on my home computer that's a mac at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Creative Cloud Services forum for you, where you are more likely to get an answer for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the exact same issue on numerous Windows machines at my company today. It happened immediately after installing the lastest Creative Cloud Desktop app update. We have not been able to get around it yet. We ran the repair tool and the error went away, but when the app restarted and redownloaded the update the error came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to find a work around? I'm still troubleshooting like crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines