Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customization Wizard DC

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have problems with the customization wizard DC. I try to deploy Adobe Acrobat Reader 2015 and Acrobat 2015 Pro (both classic track -> thatswhy 2015 is right, or?).

Because i did not find an CW for 2015 I used DC instead... maybe thats the problem - i dont know...

I try to set Security -> Protected View -> Files from potentially unsafe locations but i did not work neither with Reader nor Pro version, its always "off" after installation and opening the application as default user. Was not a problem when we customized version 11 with the CW for 11.

Because it was a recommendation i already uninstalled CW for 11 and try to edit/add some registry settings manually or with the CW is not the way it should be.

Anybody got a clue on that?

Thanks Sascha

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

You have to use the latest Wizard and latest patch for this to work:

Command line for Reader 2015 will be: Setup.exe /sALL /msi PATCH= <path to AcroRdr2015Upd1500630119_MUI.msp>

Please let me know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you executing the installation?  Is it via the Setup.exe or the MSI file?  Which command line are you using with either installation execution method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

it will be installed/executed via setup.exe (same as here before with Adobe Acrobat/Reader 11). Crosschecked with "msiexec /i acropro.msi TRANSFORMS=AcroRead.mst /norestart /qn" -> also not functioning.

in my opinion this regkey is missing -> sample for Acrobat 2015

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\FeatureLockdown]

"iProtectedView"=dword:00000001

If I add that manually - its working fine -> "Files from potentially unsafe locations" is marked and greyed out -> so no one can change it

The version of ACW which I am using: CustWiz1500720033_en_US_DC.exe  ---     this is my app version: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015.006.30033

Maybe the same problem exists for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC/2015.

Regards Sascha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate this issue.  Can you share your MST file, sans the serial number, on a shared location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

was uploaded. Serial nulled/zerod.

Acrobat Reader 2015 (cT)

http://www.freefilehosting.net/acroread

Acrobat Pro 2015

http://www.freefilehosting.net/acropro

I am on vacation from 1st july until 20th so maybe i am not answering but i will get back to you asap.

Sascha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported MST file and saved the package just fine but it threw and odd error when trying to Copy the package.  The MST files acted like they were READ ONLY but they didn't show that in Properties.  Once I re-saved the deployment packages on both Acrobat and Reader the applications installed with the correct settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

i tried again with ACW to create a new Adobe Acrobat Reader DC package with same result. I started from scratch plus added the latest patch for the reader within the setup.ini.

Patch was included correctly but still no protected view per default.

22-07-_2015_18-11-35.jpg

In the registry "FeatureLockdown" for protectedview is still missing

22-07-_2015_18-22-29.jpg

With Adobe Reader 11 everything is fine, its our default PDF reader yet and was working from day one.

May i can try your MST copy for Reader?

Regards,

Sascha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??? No news are bad news 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to use the latest Wizard and latest patch for this to work:

Command line for Reader 2015 will be: Setup.exe /sALL /msi PATCH= <path to AcroRdr2015Upd1500630119_MUI.msp>

Please let me know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer for this?  Here we are 6 months later and I am experiencing the exact same problem.  I am installing DC using SCCM and it installs fine, but the Protected View and Privileged Locations settings do not carry over into the installation.  Some settings do carry over, so I know the MST file is being read.  Also, if I open the MST file in Notepad, I can see some of the Privileged Location URL's listed so I know the info is in there, but it isn't getting used during the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines