• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I disable the "Account Confirmation" dialog box?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm working in any Adobe CC 2019 app I am frequently interrupted by an "Account Confirmation" dialog box asking whether I am still the user. This doesn't appear to be based on any action on my part, but I cannot continue working in my project or document until I click in the affirmative. It's frankly infuriating. Can this be disabled? I'm not seeing any relevant options in the security settings.

TOPICS
Enterprise , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've never seen that (unless it's a sign-in prompt).

1. can you attach a screenshot of that prompt?

2. do you have a team/enterprise subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screenshot...

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 12.20.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anyone who sits in my office who uses Adobe products, other than myself. But even if we all used it and it asked "can you confirm you are still xyz?" I'd still only press "continue"... It doesn't ask you to log in again, so it's really completely pointless - yet still extremely annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, we have this in my design studio.

We are on a shared device licensing set-up for CC.

It happens so much during the day. It really is pretty annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Enterprise & Teams

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted adobe support, and their response was:

"as i can check , this is the normal workflow in the  shared device licenses"

I asked if they changed it recently, and their response was:

"yes , this is the update"

It's super annoying behaviour for our users also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has got a bit better with the latest updates.

Still every time you initially open an app, and then if you leave it open all day, maybe 3 times throughout the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its garbage. hopefully this is not expected behaviour and is a bug. this is so customer hostile its unbelievable even adobe would stoop this low...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing this same situation with our shared device licensing.  We got that pop-up every time we open any of our programs.  It's one of the most irritating things to deal with.  Also, what's the point of device licensing if you have to sign in with an account???  That might make sense in a situation where your users all have individual accounts, but what about situations where you have a "community" computer that's constantly signed in for general-purpose use by everyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here as well. If you have multiple applications going at once (say Photoshop and Illustrator) you get an account confirmation popup for each program. I am just not sure what purpose it serves since you only have to click continue and not enter a password so it isn't even a real security feature. It is like their version of the Netflix "Are you still watching" prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, as i have often 3 or 4 apps opened, it's aking that very often. Horribly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're dealing with the same thing. We often use Media Encoder, which obviously involves long-running tasks, and it literally halts the encoding process until you confirm. If will complete the one it's on, but then won't move onto the next item in the queue until you "confirm". This makes it impossible to leave it running overnight or unattended in any way.

As someone already mentioned, this is quite customer-hostile behavior it is literally breaking the applications. PLEASE FIX, THIS, ADOBE!

Edit: clarification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge annoyance and is driving me nuts. It interrupts workflow and is completely unnecessary.

Adobe, get rid of this nonsense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculously frustrating.

I run multiple Adobe CC apps on multiple screens, as well as email applications, browsers, etc. Whenever one of the account confirmation pop-ups comes up (yes each application produces it's own pop-up) I can't click on anything in the application. I have to go searching for the window which can be buried under multiple other applications I may be running on a completely separate monitor.

Adobe needs to come up with a different solution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samething is happening. Is there any way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not responded as far as I can tell. I understand the intent, absolutely. But the pop-ups are too frequent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this "feature" is completely useless to us. Their stated intent may make sense for some organizations, but we have no such concerns in our environment based on our workflows. They really need to allow organizations to set a policy to disable this nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is expected behavior for Shared Device Licensing since it is intended for a classroom environment, the confirmation is needed every 90 minutes.

For more information please read the 'End User Experience' section here: Shared Device Licensing | Deployment guide.

If this type of licensing is not working for you, I would request you to contact your account managers or sales contact at Adobe to see what other options would be better for you.

Feel free to write us back, if you have any more queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and how exactly do this work in a classroom environment interrupting everything every 90 mins.

My query is when will adobe treat it's paying customers like such and let them work and present without being interrupted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still super annoying! It's weird how brand loyalty can be affected when using the software becomes so irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please consider bringing theses complains to the Adobe production team? Imagine paying for Netflix and having a popup every 90min into your movie asking if its still you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is the crux of it right here. We have historically used device licenses in a non-classroom environment for users who only have a single workstation and no need of the cloud features, as well as for shared computers in our production environment where they're not assigned to a particular user, i.e. media encoding machines -- which is one of the use cases these new shared licenses have effectively broken. There was a decent cost benefit by doing so (as much as 40% cheaper).

Statements like these are making it clear that they're trying to extort more money out of their customers by making device licenses unusable in all but a thin use case, and even then I'm willing to bet this is causing problems for the classroom scenario as well. We literally have no need for user licenses for a number of these machines, and in some cases managing user licenses will be a major hassle since there is no specifically assigned user. Now, we're being told "pay twice as much for additional administrative overheard or else."

This is the sort of thing that will cause your customers to start looking elsewhere. Adobe has a good suite of products, but at the end of the day there are other options out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your website states "Shared Device Licensing is a licensing model to deploy and manage Adobe applications in labs and shared device setups, where multiple users use the devices and applications. The software license is assigned to a device or computer instead of an individual.  Shared Device Licensing is ideal for computers in your labs or classrooms. Shared Device Licensing is not designed for use on machines used by dedicated users. For dedicated users, we recommend you deploy named-user licenses."  Shared Device Licensing | Deployment guide

What happens if I'm in a location that has multiple people (shifts or just shared devices) that work on projects for more than 90 minutes?  There should be a way to indicate that X user has a longer time than Y.  Also, the cost difference for a user license and a shared license is drastically different and in some instances not available.  When you do named licenses, it gives the end user benefits that may not be legal for their employer to provide to them.  This is where the device licenses come into benefits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines