• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Third party payload installer vcredist_x64.exe failed with exit code: 2147942750

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I've been having problems with Premier since installing it on Windows 8.1

I'm signed up with creative cloud but first I was having trouble actually loading the program (it just kept trying to load then would bomb

Then it would load but wouldn't give me an option to actually edit movies by dragging them to the timeline (it would drag the movie only no sound)

And today I've tried an upgrade but get an error message with it. As above (the full summary is below).

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall through windows and it appeared to uninstall and resintall but I now have this problem.

<PRE>Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64) 11.0.61030.0 {3E272A93-C06B-4206-AD02-0EBE02535E20} -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x64.exe failed with exit code: 2147942750

ERROR: Failed to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64). Please try repairing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\{16356A70-E248-4837-900C-D624C25EAB3B}\PremierePro_8_LS20\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\payloads\Microsoft VC 2012 Redist (x64)\vcredist_x64.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</PRE>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

luminence wrote:

Just found a solution. Go to MSFT site: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

Install the updates, pick repair and restart

Isaac Coker

This worked for me.  Had the problem after a clean reinstall of Win 7 pro x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Any solutions yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up for the cloud and I have the same problem with the encoder install. Now what? Can i get a refund?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah, glad I'm not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution yet? Won't work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Just subscribed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found a solution. Go to MSFT site: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

Isaac Coker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll try..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

luminence wrote:

Isaac Coker

This worked for me.  Had the problem after a clean reinstall of Win 7 pro x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting it with Illustrator.  I have noticed since Adobe went to CS6 and now CC, their products have turned to crap, if you can get them installed and running at all.  When my Creative Cloud year is up, I'm dumping these idiots as quick as I can.  Third year for me now, and it just keeps getting worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - here's what worked for me:

1. get the Microsoft VC 2012 from their site http://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=30679 - you need to get the 64bit or 32bit version depending on your OS.
  2. run it to Uninstall
  3. important: exit the Creative Cloud task bar app
  4. run the VC2012 and Install this time.

updates and installs worked after much frustration - I think the cause of the problem is Adobe is distributing the x86 [32bit] install of Microsoft VC 2012 instead of the 64bit version which fails on a 64bit OS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are distributing the required version of VisualC++ 2012 - if it was a non-compatible version this would be effecting many more customers. 

It's much more like this is just a case of the MSVCRE being improperly installed.  Reinstalling just that component should help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might attempt to simply REBOOT and then retry the installation.

VC++ 2012 x64 can require a restart.  The Adobe installer is not designed to handle this situation.   If this is the issue in your case, rebooting will resolve it. 

You are less likely to run into this particular issue if you reboot your PC and then run the Adobe install with every other program and tray icon closed.

adobe install failing on vc2012.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines