• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to add Sharepoint site

New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Acrobat Reader DC on any machine in my organisation (all Win10) I cannot add a Sharepoint site (office365).

I can add a Onedrive site fine but when I enter the url and connect I get no prompt for credentials or anything just ignores the Continue button when pressed.

This happens for any permutation of Sharepoint URL and for any user in my organisation.

Any thoughts beyond the troubleshooting guide which I've been through??

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Have you also tried steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/sharepoint-office365-integration-issues.html, if then please give it a try.

As your machine is in a controlled environment I would also recommend checking the prerequisites from this ETK article: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/index.html.

Mostly this issue happens when the network restrictions are not letting Acrobat to ping the SharePoint nodes,
Kindly check if all the required network port

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

We have found a solution.

You will not believe it:
Install Foxit Reader and add Sharepoint Online as a file location in Foxit. After Foxit has been successfully connected to Sharepoint Online, it is also possible to connect Adobe Reader to Sharepoint Online.

Good work Foxit!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have two SharePoint Online tenants, and I'm logged into ODFB with both tenants in Acrobat DC successfully. 

I can easily add document libraries for one tenant; when I do the same for the other tenant, add the URL to the "Add Microsoft SharePoint Account" dialog box, and click continue, the box disappears briefly and then reappears. No matter how many times I click "continue" nothing different happens: I receive no errors, Acrobat does not enumerate the document share, nothing.

As an organization we do not work with files on our client machines, so for us this is core functionality. We need a solution or a different product immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

'The latest Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader lets you open and save files to online file management services, such as Dropbox, Microsoft SharePointOneDriveBox, and Google Drive' see: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/online-accounts.html

The process of Configuring Office 365 SharePoint OneDrive is shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/office365-configuring-sharepoint-onedrive.html

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani!

This is exactly what I tried and it does not work. I am trying to bring SharePoint Online document libraries into my Acrobat Pro DC desktop client.

Here are the instructions you sent:

AltCPA_Tim_0-1592952260437.png

When I enter all of the information it does nothing. No error, just ... nothing. The box disappears momentarily and reappears with all of the same information entered.

I spent about 8 solid hours of my time with Adobe support and was passed around to 10 different agents. This is still not resolved. During this time I removed Acrobat and reinstalled it three times. At one point I had to boot my computer into Safe Mode to ensure that I removed all of the .dll files. 

I have another SharePoint tenant that I can easily add SharePoint Online document libraries from, and that works well.

Although Acrobat doesn't work with this SharePoint tenant, and no one can seem to help me resolve this, Nitro Pro 12 does work (flawlessly). We'll be transitioning to that product.

Thanks for the time and attention to this. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also tried steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/sharepoint-office365-integration-issues.html, if then please give it a try.

As your machine is in a controlled environment I would also recommend checking the prerequisites from this ETK article: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/index.html.

Mostly this issue happens when the network restrictions are not letting Acrobat to ping the SharePoint nodes,
Kindly check if all the required network ports are accessible:  https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Let us know if this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific what link or what you did to fix this. We are have the exact same issue and have read all three guides but can't find what's needed to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a workaround which fixed the issue described for our SharePoint Online site.

Open your root SharePoint Online site URL in Internet Explorer 11 and authenticate.
Open your root SharePoint Online site URL in File Explorer.
Try adding the SharePoint Online site in Adobe Reader / Acrobat DC again. It should now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also if anyone could explain why this works, and whether there's a proper fix for this, I'd appreciate it. The answer labelled as "correct" above does not solve this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me too. Opening Sharepoint site in IE mode in edge, and then adding the sharepoint account in Acrobat does the trick. Almost as if Edge does not cache the credentials in the same place as IE Mode, and then Acrobat can't find them. How do we fix this Adobe? This workaround is silly as IE is now obsolete and Edge is the path forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what works for me currently for modern authentication, though I agree with the sentiment that it's dumb and shouldn't be needed. It's mystifying that Adobe hasn't updated the product yet.

1. Run: inetcpl.cpl to enter Internet Options (Security tab, Trusted Sites, Sites)
  2. Add: https://yoursitename.sharepoint.com
  3. Edge: edge://settings/defaultbrowser
  4. Set "Allow sites to be reloaded in IE Mode" on Allow and tell Edge to restart
  5. Edge: Visit https://yoursitensme.sharepoint.com, logging in as usual, and then right-click the tab and choose "Reload tab in IE mode."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encountering this issue myself.
Testing on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Unfortunately, the steps provided by defaultgcdl3bxbxvrk at the bottom of this thread don't work for me - especially not in Windows 11 that doesn't even have IE 11 to test with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact situation and on Windows 11.  Anyone had any luck?  It's July of 2022 and I haven't seen anything new so thought I'd ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually reached out to Adobe Support on this issue recently - and was told that the Acrobat only supports legacy authentication. As an experiment, I temporarily defaulted things back to test, and found that, sure enough, I was able to login (I then put Modern auth back in place because... yikes.)

With Microsoft looking to drop legacy auth on October 1st - I hope this gets addresses soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is kind of shocking. OK, very shocking given Adobe's partnerships with MS over the years and how mercilessly MS has been disabling basic auth for many, many months and been warning about it for years.

Surely the feature is coming in Acrobat, right? Has anyone heard?

I did notice this, which is a little sad:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/926557-adobe-acrobat-for-sharepoint-onedrive/suggestions/452495...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the reason!
In SharePoint admin center policies, third-party apps without modern were blocked. If I changed this to allow, sure enough, everything was working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which, of course, we shouldn't do. I'm surprised Microsoft even still allows that.

With modern auth enabled, Foxit has no problem connecting, just to prove what was said in that last link. Not that we can just go around and change to Foxit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have found a solution.

You will not believe it:
Install Foxit Reader and add Sharepoint Online as a file location in Foxit. After Foxit has been successfully connected to Sharepoint Online, it is also possible to connect Adobe Reader to Sharepoint Online.

Good work Foxit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome it works !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines