• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

addons not installing for CC 2015?

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come across others with this problem.

I am using Windows 7 Pro and have Creative Cloud Desktop Manager installed and a paid up sub. to all CC2015 programs in the CC2015 suite.

I have CCDM running with sync turned on in preferences.

I go to Creative addons for plugin/extensions https://creative.adobe.com/addons/.

I choose my addon, I do everything according to the book. The addon manager tels me I have acquired the plugin/extension

NOTHING happens inside Creative Cloud, no activity stream. The downloaded plugins do not show up in the programs they are destined for!!

I went online to Adobe Help. For about 1.5 hours they could not solve the problem. It has been escalated.

Others with the same problem are reporting Adobe Help is no help on this one.

I have rebooted, exited CC, re-entered, tested  number of free installs (so I don't purchase something that won't load) removed them, reinstalled them . Nothing doing anything.

anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Fixed it by signing-out of Creative Cloud, restarting and opening Photoshop CC 2015 and signing-in from there. Add-ons installed a few seconds after.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Add-Ons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. No add-ons getting installed on CC2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it by signing-out of Creative Cloud, restarting and opening Photoshop CC 2015 and signing-in from there. Add-ons installed a few seconds after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Briar here - the one who started this post.

Tried what you suggesed, rndllcprn, but it made no difference.

I note the update to Creative Cloud Desktop Manager  (that a staff memeber has frecently said will solve the problem) but I have been using that latest version during all this. I have signed out of CCDM  and signed in, removed my installs and reinstalled. Nothing. I am forced to use the alternative method of getting add-ons, which usually means a .zxp file to be installed using the Adobe Extension Manager.  The AEM only works up to 2014  - not beyond - that's an Adobe edict. I'm using  CC2015 - so the .zxp method isn't working either. I can't get the addons and I can't load in the. zxps! And I don't want to revert to CC 2014 !!

What I want to know is why the CCDesktop manager isn't processing these. Adobe Help used their remote acesss setup for some time,removed processes, cleaned out systems folders, uinstalled, reinstalled CC and did what they could but they couldn't track it down...

Very frustrating!!

Any more ideas anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue here... any fix???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, I've just spent 2 hours trying to get them to install and I'm getting really cross now!!

I've signed out of Creative Cloud, re-booted, you name it, I've tried it and they're still not installing.

Fix this Adobe asap, I've just spent £24 on Tony Kuyper's Luminosity Masks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please Fix this Adobe asap, I've also spent money on Tony Kuyper's Luminosity Masks.

And I need this for my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I am developing photoshop add-in for Photoshop CC 2014 and Photoshop CC 2015.

We have testet on multiple machines and it seems very random, some machines just works perfect and other machines nothing happens. It happens on both windows and mac, and on all versions.

When we have problems installing on PS2015, we use Site - Zxp Installer, it works great - just remember to close Photoshop first and then drag the zxp file directly into the Zxp application.

We always use the latest Adobe Creative Cloud Application and use the latest Photoshop CC 2015.

We have administrator access, but could it be that Creative Cloud somehow does not get properly installed on some machines ?

But I am VERY CHOCKED that Adobe has not addressed this yet and that people have to write on a forum and find out for themselfs. For such a big company as Adobe, you should expect better.

Would love to hear from some experts out there, how you can get Adobe Creative Cloud to sync correctly on all machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i have the same problem as the others.

It will not be visible after install of a plugin.

In the CCDM i can see that it did install (on the main page, after installing via web interface) as it nicely mentions it as installed.

But starting Lightroom (problem is in LR with me) shows nothing.

Via CCDM i can install the plugin manager (yes, it is available again for free) and it shows me that the plugins are indeed installed.

But nothing in LR.

I also tried, logoff and logon from CC, tried removing LR and reinstalling LR, tried rebooting of the laptop etc.

Nothing.

Just to be sure that it is not a rights problem on the OS (i use Windows 10 now), i changed the rights for Everyone to write access on LR maps. Also no results.

Tried the ZXP intaller you mention, but it does exactly the same as the CC plugin manager, so that does not help.

I have no idea how to get this working again (as it did work in cc2014 version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to CC....downloaded PS CC2015 yesterday. Copied my plugins from CS6 over to CC folder and get an error code every time I launch from the taskbar or from my "apps" using Win 8. I have read these comments and I am so concerned with what I am reading. Adobe's development team, as a consumer, we should not be using "work-arounds" so that we can use your product with add-ons or plug-ins...as a past project manager for Sprint system "work arounds" were not acceptable or implemented....

I spent an hour with customer service.....was told to copy one plugin at a time into CC plugin folder to see if I get the same error.....I get the same error....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ppalludan !!!

That works great and solve all my problems.

You make me happy 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ppalludan, thank you so much!

Your answer saved my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

as an extension developer I've been reported myself too that sometimes my customers are unable to install products via Add-ons / CC2015.

ZXP + Max Penson ZXPInstaller or manual installation is the way to go, yet my impression is that, as a platform, Add-ons would require "some" refinements to be used successfully on both sides (users and producers).

Because we do *not* want nor need to have another version of the old Photoshop Marketplace, do we?!

As a side note "Moving to Add-ons" as the Correct Answer is a bit funny 😉

Davide Barranca

---

www.davidebarranca.com

www.cs-extensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another big thank you from me ppalludan!

I have spent the last three to four hours pulling my hair out and failing to load Tony Kuyper's Luminosity Masks (he seems to be doing very well....rightly so) and have only just now after trawling Google, found your post re the ZXP Installer and instantly BINGO!

You posted your tip on August 14 and here we are on September 24 and still nothing works via the CCDM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan 20th 2016 and I am still having this problem. I have found a work-around. If you have the full license you can install an old version of the app that you need (in my case Illustrator) alongside the most current version. You can install the extension using Extension Manager on the old version and it will work on the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its still so frustrating that plugin installations are still an issue. We are also having issues installing on CC15 for AI. I will have to go ahead and try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pues sí. Al final instale las tk actions con el programa zxp installer, ya

que desde la add ons de adobe no pude. Un Saludo.

2016-02-02 16:06 GMT+01:00 claytonp28635191 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

addons not installing for CC 2015? created by claytonp28635191

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/claytonp28635191> in Add-Ons - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/8454264#8454264>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my failsafe. If nothing else works then this is what I do. It works 100% of the time. I think it also keeps the addon updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. This really helped me after so many days of struggle & back and forth communications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to ppalludan,

after spending two days of searching a fix for the add-on installation problem,

the zxp installer was the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You sir are a legend!

Adobe, you are not a legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me too, in a rather convoluted mixture of signing in and out of Creative Cloud, and signing in again from InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo el mismo problema. He enviado correo al desarrollador de tk actions y me ha dicho que es un problema de comunicación entre add ons y creative cloud de escritorio, es decir problema de adobe....a ver si ponen una solución de una vez, por que no estamos para tirar dinero en una extensión que no podemos instalar....Un saludo desde Pamplona(España) a todos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias, Gracias ppalludan. Problema solucionado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines