• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendscript debugger stopped working after a vscode update

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vscode has just been updated to v1.36.0 (on Windows 10) and the debugger has stopped working. I can not select a target engine in the debug bar and if I start a debug session, I don't see the alert to select a target engine. It seems that the debug session runs for a couple of seconds and stops without any apparent problem. I have rebooted Vscode, the hosts and the pc, but it's still the same. Is there any way to solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel,

That's not great... It'd be helpful if anyone reading this who is having the same trouble could confirm the issue.

VSCode 1.33 also broke things a bit, too, but fortunately we got a fast turnaround from the engineering team in India (less than 48 hours, if I remember correctly).

Everyone on my team is on a week-long North American Adobe shutdown, so I didn't read your message until Friday night.   Hopefully we can get a new build or a patch early next week. When we do, I'll update you here.

Best,

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erin, hi Miguel,

i encountered the exact same issue as Miguel after updating VS Code to 1.36 (June 2019) on two Windows 10 machines (running win 10 version 1903 (Build 18362.175).

On macOS Mojave 10.14.4 with VS Code 1.36 there seem to be no problems with the ExtendScript Debugger.

Cheers

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, i downgraded to VS Code 1.35.1 and everything worked again.

You can download the older version at May 2019 (version 1.35) (I chose the "Windows" "User" version) and simply install it after you uninstalled 1.36.

Be sure to un-check option "Enable Windows Background Updates" in VS Code right after installing 1.35.1 (to do so, click "File" -> "Preferences" -> "Settings", then go to "User" -> "Application -> "Update"

vsc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the issue. Downgrading helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I had same issue and I downgrading VSCode as 1.35.1

-yajiv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yajiv,

That's not great. Downgrading worked for other users. Have you rebooted the machine? Or tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin? Which OS are you on?

Best,

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Erin,

Currently I downgrading VSCode into 1.35.1. Now the Extendscript debugger is working as earlier.

Thank you for the update.

-yajiv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel, and everyone in the thread!

The engineering team released ExtendScript Debugger 1.1.2 this morning, and it's now available in the VSCode Marketplace. It ought to now run on Windows and VSCode 1.36. Please let us know if it doesn't!

Here's the Changelog for this version:

• The extension breaks on Windows OS because of major electron and node version changes in Visual Studio Code Release 1.36.0.
  • Can't run debugger with Adobe Bridge.
  • Minimum Visual Studio Code version required to run the extension is now 1.36.0.

Best,

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Now it works on V1.36

Thanks for the job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Erin,

Thank you for the update. The Issue has been fixed and working well in VS version 1.36.0

-yajiv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines