• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 closeExtension() does NOT work properly.

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all InDesign experts.

We have an HTML/JS Extension since version CC 2014 (or CSXS 5), which works also just fine for CC 2015.

In this we have some progress panels to show processing percentage. As all steps are finished, the panels are closed programmatically with: CSInterface.prototype.closeExtension().

All functional on CC 2014 and 2015.

BUT as we switched to CC 2017 this function does NOT work as expected any more. It does clean all contents within the panel, but the empty panel frame kept shown until the user clicks "x".

FURTHERMORE a panel is not closed completely via closeExtension() when it's defined as <UI><Type>Panel</Type>... </UI> in manifest.

If the type is changed to <Type>ModalDialog</Type>, the function closes the whole panel as it used to be.

We tried CSXS 5, 6 and 7, all act the same.

Anyone else is facing/faced the same problem and can give us some information how can we fix this?

Thx a lot.

PS: Originally this question is posted on a different sub-space. Tip from nice forum members should I try my luck here.

In case anyone is interested for this problem and someone is able to solve it in another thread. Click me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use window.__adobe_cep__.closeExtension() instead of the csInterface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

As I checked CSInterface.js previously, the CSInterface.prototype.closeExtension() contains just one line and which is:

window.__adobe_cep__.closeExtension();

Therefore I think CEP should behave the same way.

After your suggestion I rechecked the code and used window.__adobe_cep__.closeExtension() directly.

The results are the same. All the contents inside the panel are cleaned but the UI (empty frame) is still present.

Tested with CEP 5, 6 and 7. This problem occurs only on CC 2017. On CC 2014 and 2015 the function works fine.

EmptyPanel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any other ideas. I don't have any problems with closeExtension() on CC2017 on either Windows or Mac.

Maybe if you post the OS and apps you're using someone else might be able to help

Are you having this with all the extensions or just one?

Try downloading my CSTK link on home page and type window.__adobe_cep__.closeExtension() in the js console and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works in the CSTK then you can incorporate the CSTK in your extn. for debug purposes and try it out in your extn.

If you can't get it working post the manifest here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor. You built a fantastic tool to start with. Thumb up.

I managed to set up your CSTK on my InDesign CC 2017 installation and played a bit around. But my problem happens even to your Panel. CC 2017 is updated to the newest patch.

Reproducing steps:

Open CSTK.

Run window.__adobe_cep__.closeExtension() via "JS ENGINE EVAL" button.

Result as attached screenshot. About info provided.

Back to your question, I have this issue to all extensions with type "Panel". "ModalDialog" type works fine.

OS is windows 10 Pro.

CSTKTest.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me in Windows 10 Pro.

Did you try on different apps? The CSTK should work on them all.

Which app are you using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed the screenshot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep same by me on InDesign, on the other apps (well I tested Ai and Ps) it works.

Mac and Windows the same.

ID has a different interaction with the CEP engine than the other apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response and help.

Funny thing is it works on InDesign 2014 and 2015.

I almost assumed it's an implementation bug from Adobe side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've test it and get incorrect behavior as you say. I think InDesigns bug too...

スクリーンショット 2017-09-29 11.01.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for testing.

I will wait for couple of more days just in case someone else can solve this issue.

Afterwards I think it's needed to reach out to Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines