• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The product you requested cannot be found (or Are add-ons safe?)

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I recently tried to install a few Photoshop CC 2017 add-ons for the first time and of course some did nothing or failed to install, but the few that did install and work properly displayed a "You installed the Add-on "Filename"" notification instead of the "The Add-on failed to install" message in the CC app. The notification showed the filename as a link, so I click the link and was sent to a webpage with the following message for EVERY add-on that successfully installed: The product you requested cannot be found. Either this product does not exist or this account does not have access.

Which leaves me with a few questions:

1. Is this a normal thing?
  2. If I don't have access to the page why would Adobe include a link to it after installing?
  3. Is it just how the free add-ons function? i.e. Despite including a link ONLY purchased add-on links will take you to a product info page?
  4. If this is just a bug, can anyone tell me how/where to report it?
  5. Are add-ons still a thing or have I come late to the party?

It's frustrating enough when an Add-on is listed as compatible with my system but fails to install, but this makes me wonder if it's safe to install Add-ons at all. This type of behavior makes me think Add-ons will soon be just another legacy feature.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Also try logging at https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/my_addons from a different browser, then clicking 'QR Code Maker Pro'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for bringing this to notice. Can you see the acquired addons in your myaddon, https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/my_addons ?

Try accessing your addon from there.

-Please reopen the CC desktop app

-Then click on ‘Remove’, then ‘Install’ for addon at https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/my_addons

-If CC desktop app's activity stream says successful, please read the ‘Where to Find it’ tab on the add-on homepage which will tell you where you can find the product after it has been installed.

Also please let us know your account id and the addons with which you were facing this issue.

-Rabab

Adobe Addons Vetting/Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @rfatima,

Yes, I’m able to see the add-ons in the My Add-ons list at the address you provided. The add-ons that failed to install are DPS-icons, Wall Texturepack - Free -, Interactive Material Effects, and Adobe Paper Textures Pro.

I’m able to access the (compatible) plugins okay, it’s just the link in the CC app telling me it was successfully installed that won’t work, like the link it provides to QR Code Maker Pro (I'm not if this will work for anyone but me, but here it is):

https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/patches/32031?feature_set=ikyosatrqd&mv=product&mv2=accc&code=eyJ4...

Thanks, Deono

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deono,

Apart from above mentioned addons, are you able to install other addons from portal? Have you tried 'remove', then 'install' again process for above addons? Please ensure that Photoshop or any other point product is closed when you are installing the addons.

Also we are looking why you are getting above message while installing 'QR Code Maker Pro' .

We will need your account id for investigation, can you mail it at avetting@adobe.com.

-Rabab

Adobe Addons Vetting/Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try logging at https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/my_addons from a different browser, then clicking 'QR Code Maker Pro'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open it in Firefox and worked fine. Seems to be a Chrome on Mac issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue but I am on Safari on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you perform troubleshooting steps mentioned above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines