• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to purchase Fireworks without a Creative Cloud subscription?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using it since 1999, but can't justify the cost of a subscription because it is only for personal use.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not possible to purchase a license of Fireworks. You need to rent the entire CC suite.

Since Fireworks is dead software and no longer developed or supported by Adobe, single licenses or subs are no longer available.

The only other legal option left, aside from renting the entire CC suite, is to try purchase a copy on eBay, but you would have to be very VERY careful: often illegal versions are for sale on eBay.

Alternatively, depending on your needs, you could switch to an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using it since 1999, but can't justify the cost of a subscription because it is only for personal use.

Actually, there is a single app subscription plan available , although I appreciate it may not make sense cost-wise for personal use. You can look for a second hand copy of Fireworks CS6 but need to very careful about the legitamacy when buying from 3rd parties.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried many alternatives, but nothing tops Fireworks. I've also tried

eBay, but it never runs on Win 10. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Energize  wrote

Actually, there is a single app subscription plan available , although I appreciate it may not make sense cost-wise for personal use. You can look for a second hand copy of Fireworks CS6 but need to very careful about the legitamacy when buying from 3rd parties.

As far as I am aware, Fireworks is not part of the single app plan. Where is it in the list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the best option may be to contact Adobe Sales and see if they can help in that case ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, don't think Adobe Sales would be able to help... There is no single-app option available that would give you Fireworks – it's not like Encore CS6 coming together with Premiere Pro, as Fireworks CS6 stands alone.

The only way to get it is via the All Apps plan, unfortunately. Trying to buy from eBay is strongly dis-advised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got close to 20 years worth of fireworks png files I've been using for professional work.
The fact that one can't "just keep using it", even though there's obviously not going to be any support for it, is the one VERY huge problem with cloud subscription models.
And yeah, I've downloaded and tried a few 'alternatives', NOTHING compares to the speed of exporting multiple frames of the same state "button", nor the organizational ability of the pages of Fireworks.
I've got more contract work coming up, and it just kills me to realize that what I know I could export in mere minutes with Fireworks, is now going to take me multitudes of hours longer with whatever subpar application I have to accept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This discussion is outdated.  Fireworks is NOT available for purchase nor accessible without a paid Creative Cloud ALL APPS plan. Unfortunately access is not guaranteed to last forever.  Eventually, Adobe will drop older discontinued apps as newer operating systems render them unusable. 

Meanwhile, Photoshop and other image editors can batch process files.  Suggest you try them all  & embrace new workflows now before you're forced to. 

• Adobe Photoshop CC. Commercial.
  • Adobe Photoshop Elements. Commercial.
  • Adobe Illustrator CC. Commercial.
  • Adobe XD. Commercial.
  • GIMP. Free.
  • Inkscape. Free.
  • Figma. Freemium.
  • Canva. Freemium.
  • Sketch. Commercial.
  • CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. Commercial.
  • Affinity Designer. Commercial.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearest thing to Fireworks available for both Windows and Mac is Affinity Designer and it still doesn't have some of the features of Fireworks, despite Firewoks not being developed further since 2013 ....

Unfortunately the only real way to get Fireworks is with a full or student/teacher Adobe Creative Subscription. You could look for someone selling a standalone Fireworks CS6 license but in all honestly I'd be sceptical about the legitamacy of such an offer.

If poeple still want to use Fireworks another person harping on about it being outdated is their own opinion and irrelevant to the discussion ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The topic is "Can Fireworks be purchased without a CC subscription?"

No.  At one time you could but not anymore.

"If poeple still want to use Fireworks another person harping on about it being outdated is their own opinion and irrelevant to the discussion."

Fireworks hasn't been in active development for 8 years. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. 

Source: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/why-has-adobe-stopped-developing-my-app-.html#WhatCreativeCloudappsandservicesarenolongerbeingdevelopedSource: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/why-has-adobe-stopped-developing-my-app-.html#WhatCreativeCloudappsandservicesarenolongerbeingdeveloped

If people wish to keep using FW, fine.  Keep using it but understand this: 

• FW access is offered in the CC Desktop at Adobe's discretion. That can change at anytime.
  • FW will only work on older operating systems.
  • FW will NOT run on Catalina, Big Sur or higher. 

This presents a conflict for Adobe because they want Creative Cloud users to be on the latest OS (no more than 2 versions back) and Fireworks is too outdated to align with that.  So what will happen?

Based on past history, Adobe will drop Fireworks just as surely as they did Freehand, Director, CS6,  Edge and Flash Player.  The clock is ticking...

All PNG project files should be converted to other file types (TIFF or PSD) now while FW is still available. 

Good luck to everyone!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines