• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Fireworks PNG files without Fireworks and convert them to layered PSD

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, my name is Ivan and I am developing a web app www.Photopea.com .

Recently, I added the support for Fireworks PNG files. You can open your Fireworks PNGs in it. You will see all original raster and vector layers. Text layers are editable. There are layer styles, too. You can save it as a PSD file (and work with it in Photoshop).

The conversion is not perfect. But I think it is the only way to open Fireworks PNGs without Adobe Fireworks (e.g. if you are on Linux or iOS). Also, I believe I created the first Fireworks PNG to PSD converter 🙂 you can use Photopea for free, without any sign-in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your web app is incredible! @Ivan Kuckir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is incredible.  i have been looking an looking for something like this.  thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too good. Works great! I tried various methods to convert fireworks CS6 to another vector format. Nothing worked except Photopea! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A million billion thanks yous ! this is amazing - I will download & buy the premium versions.

I have been waiting 8+ years for something like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive just bought the premium version - thank you again! (genuinely blown away that you have created this!!!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ivan. You are a Herp to all us Fireworks users. Thank you for saving years of work!

I am hoping that someday you can release this program to install directly on our computers in case the internet is down or Photoshop gets mad enough to shut you down.

I am still using MAS OS Mojave because Catalina and later does not support Fireworks.
Will Photopea work will any new Mas OS?

I am willing to dontae to the cause to buy such a download Photopea program to directly install on my MAC!
Please let me know? I am sure many will also contribute to this cause as well.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I never made any installable program. I never owned any Mac computer. Making a web app is a huge advantage for me, as I can ignore device-specific stuff (which should be solved by web browsers). I think the internet will become more available and affordable in the future, rather than less available. I dont know what you mean by "Photoshop shutting me down". Do you think someone could murder me?

I am 99% sure that even if I don't modify Photopea from now on, it will still work perfectly on a modern coputer in 2050, just like a website from 1993 works perfectly on todays devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ivan! I hope your 90% holds up forever because Adobe made its Fireworks users believe they would support us foreverr. You are the first to help and I thank you for us all. Having used Fireworks for decades I have so many files I need extrenasl harddrives to store them all. I am a writer and illustrator and used Firerworks for my works. I def need a way to make changes if necessary. I tried a few of my PNG illustrations on your Photopea and I saw that the layers worked. I do not know how to use this program yet BUT I WILL! I assume I can edit changes on each layer ?

If PS didnt get mad at you yet then I hope for a long lasting relationsghip for all the former Fireworks users. Thanks again for all the brilliant work! If you ever put this program in a downloadable form please contact me and I will make sure every former Fireworks user knows about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photopea is browser based so you are fine

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved me so much time! I could not find any other way to retieve the layers from my old fireworkrs files. The conversion to PSD worked very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly. Thanks Ivan, I have subscribed to Photopea as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on this, noticed that Photopea doesn't support glow and some other effects from Fireworks PNG's.  Any plans on adding this support in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, send me your PNG to support@photopea.com and I will look into it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this. Works perfectly for me. I made some Fireworks files on our school computer a long time ago. When Fireworks was discontinued I thought I'd never be able to edit these files layer by layer. Now I can!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I still update the Fireworks PNG engine in Photopea about once a month 🙂 Mainly, when someone sends me a Fireworks PNG (to support@photopea.com) which does not look as it should.

Today, I have improved the text style detection. If you tried to edit the text layer (in a converted PSD file), it looked right in 75% of cases. Now, I believe it should look right in 96% of cases 🙂

*** Note, that if your file uses commercial fonts (Arial, Impact, ...), and you want to edit a text layer, load these fonts (TTF/OTF files) into Photopea using File - Open (as we dont have a license to distribute these fonts). Or enable Local Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely amazing, thank you for supporting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again! This works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ivan, I'm just repeating what a bunch of other people have already said, but THANK YOU for this app. It's a lifesaver - working with some old PNG's that I didn't think I'd be able to edit again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about an animated fw image.  Can you do the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer : yes and no... Photopea doesn't exactly interpret states the way FW does, and converts them into layers, but the animation remains accessible and still adaptable.

Consistent answer : Why don't you try it yourself... it's free, it's open, and there's nothing to install... https://www.photopea.com/, so you can test and understand for yourself whether you're getting what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK  I'll try that but I'm wonderig if adobe animate or flash would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your question, or at least your objective?

The original point in the thread was to be able to open native Fireworks files while preserving their integrity and construction structure. The most common solution is to use Photopea, which bridges the gap between PNG (Macromedia style) and PSD.

The question then turned to the possibility of opening FW image files containing States, hence the previous answer since Photopea is a graphics tool... but now the debate turns to specific animation tools, which generally don't open the structure of image files themselves, but import them using flattened PNG versions, rather than working files. The exception being animated GIF formats, where each image is imported in succession on the TimeLine, which is not the case for States.

Anyway, here again, the easiest thing to do is to try it out and see if it meets your expectations... sorry, I don't have Flash or Animate handy anymore 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that tool. I had this old hi-res logo in Fireworks vector PNG that Illustrator could not open, and Fireworks no longer works curreny Windows, and it allowed us to get out vectors logo back. Congratulations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines