• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #2046: The loaded file did not have a valid signature.

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three different applications which suddenly stopped working with this error

None of the sites has been touched in Months, I assumed they would keep working the way they had.

I wonder how many other sites are experiencing this and how many PO'd customers there are out there??

This is really bad business practice, what is causing it?

Dan Pride

Note: the three were developed around the same time, one domain went down for a few days and was then renewed????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2010 Sep 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel... have you found a solution to your problem?

I am also having the same problem. I was googling with no avail, when I noticed you added this post just yesterday,

so I am thinking that adobe has done something to the swz files hosted on thier servers.

Can someone from Adobe confirm if anything was done to either swz files or the crossdomain files on their end?

I am in the same boat as you... no changes on our side, but the application has suddenly stopped working.

We were building against a beta build of flex 4 (4.0.0.10485)

I wonder which sdk version you are using?

Here is what I see through the debugger...

Warning: Ignoring 'secure' attribute in policy file from http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml. The 'secure' attribute is only permitted in HTTPS and socket policy files. See http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files for details.

[SWF] C:\Inetpub\wwwdata\xxxxxxxxx_Application.swf - 847,661 bytes after decompression

Failed to load RSL http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/flex/4.0.0.10485/framework_4.0.0.10485.swz

Failing over to RSL framework_4.0.0.10485.swz

PS... I have tried multple PCs (XP, Vista, Server 2008) with different versions of flash player (10.0.45.2, 10.0.22.87)

Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All three apps use framework_4.0.0.10485.swz

I think I was still using the beta when i did these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, all my apps went down using that same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto experience. My client stopped working without any change in months. Same flex sdk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To everyone that is having this problem... I think the right thing to do here is to let go of the beta sdk (4.0.0.10485) and build against a release version.

I am currently recompiling our app against 4.0.0 release build 4.0.0.14159 (I tried 4.1.0 but found it too difficult, and I dont have the patience on a Sunday)

That being said... I am 99.99% sure that someone at Adobe has broken the signing/certification of the 4.0.0.10485 swz file on their server - so, not happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

http://ceremoniesofgrace.com/

Totally out of nowhere.  Haven't made any changes to the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migrating to Flex 4 "non-beta" is not an option, because there are a lot of differences in API from 10485 to 14159, and a one or two week downtime to work around those issues is not affordable for some applications.

There are two solutions, depending on how important are external libraries for your app(s), neither of which involves changing a single line of code.

1. Disable framework RSLs and deploy a "fat" app
  2. Disable digest authentication for RSLs, and deploy the compiled framework SWFs along with your app. In this case, the old SWZ files are not interesting anymore, and you must deploy all the generated files, including the "framework.swf" etc.

Hope this helps for a quick solution of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Savario,

The API had indeed changed (somewhat dramatically in some areas) from 10485 to

14159... but its not an impossible task, I worked on it 12 hours saturday and 12 hours sunday... and I was all done on a very complex app.

I think ultimately I had to take responsibility for using a beta SDK on our production server.

re:1) For me, disabling RSLs was not an option, as the application is pretty heavy and it would have pushed the total weight beyond acceptable.

re:2) Sounds like the best bet, if it works... when I tried it, I found that computers which had already cached the (incorrect) 10485 framework.swz would keep failing, even after it falls back on the framework swf... but now that I think about I am unsure if I tested the process correctly.

I think Johan is right; the 'signing' of the swz file was timed, and expired on the 17th.

Going forward, I am going to make sure that there is no dependancy on Adobe's server for the RSLs. That is the safest option; any problem that arises in the future will be caused by me, and I will probably have a better chance of sorting it out (and preventing it of course)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We face the same problems, too.

How do I advance the expiration date of the swz, can I know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow 303 views in the first few days.

Adobe sure decided to waste hundreds, no make that THOUSANDS, of hours of its developer time to just delete a file without warning.

Wouldn't it be easier to give this another year and put the file back up or whatever?

Isn't the time of its developer community better spent...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the beta to try and convince my company to embrace this technology.  My application being broken right in the middle of the evaluation is a deal breaker.  Even if I can fix this situation with a few hours of work, the idea of an enterprise depending on technology that can just stop working is a non-starter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you use Release version of the SDK, what will happen the same thing?

I am afraid to use RSL feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2010 Sep 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is horrible. One of the veryveryvery few good things about Flash was that it always worked — if your player is was new enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2010 Sep 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the same problem on my site mid last week. I haven't touched it in months. What is the solution? I don't have time to rebuild from the non-beta version, I'm locked up on four different projects right now.

Some of my sites built from the beta version are still up and running fine!

??????

-Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a solution to the problem here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/620441#2755876 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check this out:

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-28016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines