• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 x64 not launching in Windows 8

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reinstalled FB many times on my machine and on each installation after a while Flash Builder stops opening. I keep my task manager open to see what's going on but the process doesn't seem to start, or if it does, it closes immediatly. Where can I see the error log? I can start Flash Builder normally if I use FlashBuilderC.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Try to delete the C:\Users\USER_NAME\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Or rename it, then launch Adobe Flash builder 4.7 this should fix the problem I had the same problem a while ago

Cheers,

Khaled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help but the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may very well not be your problem, but after I downloaded FB 4.7 and messed with some things I had this same issue (Windows 7).

Turns out it was looking for the last workspace it used (since I don't have "Ask for workspace on startup" checked) and because I moved the folder, it couldn't find it.  As a result, I'd see the process pop up in Task Manager, sit there a bit, then peace out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines