• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

404 not found error using Adobe Flash Player SCUP Catalog

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use System Center Updates Publisher 2011 this morning to import anything for Adobe Flash from their public SCUP catalog.  There were no updates of course because this was an hour or two before the new update 24.0.0.194 was released.

now that it is released I get a error, and in the log I see an HTTP 404 errors (not found).

Is anyone else seeing this and is there something wrong?  Has Adobe changed the path or taken this offline for good?  I cannot find any news about this online.

These are the errors from the SCUP.log in our SCCM

Download file: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab failed with message "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found." Updates Publisher 1/10/2017 10:44:42 AM 4 (0x0004)

Failed to download file: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab. Updates Publisher 1/10/2017 10:44:42 AM 4 (0x0004)

Import: Error processing http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab Updates Publisher 1/10/2017 10:44:42 AM 4 (0x0004)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same thing.

I happened to have checked for other updates this morning (Tuesday, January 10th); at 9:05:11am Central time the log says it downloaded that file just fine, but there were no changes since last import.

At 12:03 pm Central, Tuesday, January 10th, ~3 hrs later, I am now getting that error. about (404) not found.  I'm hoping it's just an oversight / bad copy/paste job somewhere in their process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The path to this and other distribution files have been updated as following :

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/distribution/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab

Please try this link.

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks!

Suggestion: Include that information here:  SCCM-SCUP — Enterprise Administration Guide   ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation that it is working from the new path. The change in path has been updated in the latest admin guide Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sherryk17885085

The link you posted is for Reader products, not Flash Player products. For Flash Player see Adobe - Player Licensing : Distribution Strategies or chapter 3 of the Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide​.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you for that clarification.  slightly unrelated question (I should probably start a new thread) are there SCUP catalogs available for other Adobe products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sherryk17885085

I can't speak for other products.  If you have a particular product you'd like a SCUP catalog for I'd encourage you to post to that products forum.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.  Now will there be an update to System Center Updates Publisher to reflect the new path?  This is so we will not need to manually download the new cab at each update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, just a suggestion--do it yourself by creating a user catalog.  (this is what I did)

In SCUP console, lower left "Catalogs"

Add

Catalog Path = http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/distribution/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab

Publisher = Adobe Systems, Inc.

Name = Adobe FlashPlayer updates

Description = FlashPlayer

Support URL = https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution.html

after hitting OK, confirm it works with a right-click Import, next/next/close.

Delete the other/old catalog from that listing so you no longer have to see the error on the original catalog.

Sure, would it be nice if the official partner Catalog is updated?  yes.  But I just want to move forward...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I tried that at first but it was not accepting the path.  I thought it required a UNC path.  After trying it again, I realized it was not accepting the path because of the space between the "." and the "cab" in the catalog path.  After correcting the path, I was able to add the new http catalog path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been changed again? I'm not able to import 24.0.0.221 update with SCUP, getting 404 File not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please go to Adobe - Player Licensing : Distribution Strategies or chapter 3 of the Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide to get the correct links. No recent changes have been made in the SCUP file paths.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are still getting a 404 error, please private message me the URL that is returning the 404 error.  To send a private message, click on my user name link and then on the 'Message' button link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Hopefully if enough people pile on someone from Adobe will notice this and fix the catalog, or at least reply with some sort of status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines