• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash availability after 2020?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been known Adobe terminates flash support by end of 2020, however companies are interested what happens after 2020 - is it possible still to run Flash in major browsers, just without support?  Asking to have plan B if companies won't finish migration by end of 2020, and what are possible workarounds?

Microsoft support told that it depends on Adobe, if they keep flash still available.

thanks!

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

All major browser makers have said they will block Flash at the end of 2020 (or before). Microsoft Support are _not_ reporting the previously stated policy of Microsoft here https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2017/07/25/flash-on-windows-timeline/ . Since Windows 10 bundled Flash, since Windows 10 updates are compulsory: we can assume Microsoft will release a compulsory patch to stop Flash working in their browsers on Windows 10.

Adobe's advice has consistently been: there is no plan B.  This

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Our support partner Harman can work with you on possible options: 

https://services.harman.com/partners/adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Opera support flash after December?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opera is based on Chromium, as such, it's expected to stop supporting Flash Player as well.

https://www.chromium.org/flash-roadmap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you still be able to use older non-time bombed versions after 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect when websites, browsers and games fail to work after December 31st, people will panic all over. People will get upset and mad, and frantically race all over the internet to find a way to get stuff working again.  

Never Fear!  Adobe is here!  They will ride in on their white horse offering a fix, for x amount of $$. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the harman solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been fiddling with Flash for a while now and still can't keep it running past the kill date. What I've done:

* Taken ownership of the entire Flash folder

* Used MauricioB82B's edit for mms.cfg

* completely disabled Adobe updates via Services, Task Manager, and Registry

*disabled FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Unfortunately, an update DID slip by before I was able to do all of this, leaving me with v.32_0_0_453. I have an old Windows backup on another hard drive with v.32_0_0_363 still on it from when it was my main HD earlier this year.

What edits (if any) can I make to mms.cfg to make v.32_0_0_453 work, or is there any way to effectively replace it with the files from v.32_0_0_363? Adobe's already killed their archives, so I have no way to obtain any other versions than the two I have, unless someone else managed to back up the archives before they were removed.

I only really need Adobe Flash to keep working until Ruffle can catch up and they release the desktop version. Thus far, the available plugin is still too primitive to work on AVM2 and only partial support of AVM1. I highly doubt they'll get much further before D-Day, and I'm completely lost on how to use SuperNova (or even if it works at all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How am I gonna play games that require Adobe Flash Player now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! I can answer that question! You have to go buy the HTML5 version from
Steam, separately, and play that. (IF the developer bothers gong through
the conversion headaches.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested today
- you need FireFOX ESR

- You must be sure that you have Adobe Flash plugin installed (to keep installer, you must have full installer not one which downlod files)
- You need to edit white list in mmc.cfg file. mmc.cfg examples are wrong, no * is allowed (at least it did not work in our case)
More information is here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/how-to-use-mms-cfg-file-after-dec-2020/m-p/11748432?page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about someone who bought software that uses the plugin, such as products https://www.sothink.com/ Now they are useless! And who will compensate them for the damage? Moreover, the manufacturer also suffers losses, advises switching to an outdated operating system. In the chat, this issue was not resolved, I was sent to this forum. And here, too, I did not find the answer!
I quote:
"Important note: Since January 12, 2021, Adobe has blocked the launch of Flash content in Flash Player, so the Flash element cannot play normally in Sothink Flash products, such as the Decompiler. The solution is to use an old Windows system like win7; or use win 10, which doesn't install the latest patch."

Checked it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, our 'chinese friends' has hacked flash version with all these dumb 'kill switches' removed. I am sure, that same can be found on Russian or Ukanian sites (never checked but let me see).

- Ruffle - Flash replacement, open source.
https://rbkgames.com/publications/articles/kak-zapuskat-flesh-igry-v-2021-godu-8-variantov-dlya-wind... - 8 methods to run FLASH (including version without kill switch). Sorry, in Russian. I will ask our Chinese engineers to search in Chinese, and I am 100% sure they will find flash without kill switch too.

What Adobe did is dumb and very bad. As many people NEED FLASH for many different reasons. So instead of providing safe and verified version (free of backdoors etc) they push people to download untested and possible infected versions. Congratulation, Adobe, for opening huge Pandora Box.

De facto Adobe killed Flash for english speaking people ONLY. Any Russian speaking or Chinese speaking will work around it in 10 minutes even without using whitelist. 

(We use whitelist, but I downloaded pre-kill-switch version too. Just in case!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Спасибо мои друзья! ВИдимо у меня не получится воспользоваться Ruffle,
потому. что программа Sothink SWF Easy подгружает флеш плеер из IE (
интернет эксплорера). Остается одно, искать, как флеш в нем
разблокировать. Я в игрушки не играю, не тот возраст, но привык работать
в этой программе и менять ничего не хочу. Аддоб поступил нехорошо, тысячи
людей используют ПО , в которых просмотр графических изображений
работает во встроенном в программу плеере на флеш. Еще раз спасибо!!!!
Если будут какие новости, буду рад!
Alex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines