• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe pepper flash player

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 /browser= Safari 11.0.3 / and upon clicking on a pop up which states that your flash needs to be updated, clicked on "Update Flash player", which then downloaded the following file; "install_flash_player_osx_ppapi_DOT_dmg" (18.9 MB) and when I clicked on that file the following app was about to be installed,  "ADOBE  Pepper Flash Player"? What should I do?

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 11.19.51 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player Pepper (aka PPAPI) plugin is for Chromium-based browsers.  Since you received an update notification for it, I'm assuming you have one installed (e.g. Chrome or Opera, although Google embeds Flash Player PPAPI (aka Pepper) plugin in the browser and there's no need to install the plugin separately).  If you're concerned for it's validity, you can verify the digital signature is Adobe's.  To do that:

• Launch the Terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)
  • In the Terminal app, type: codesign -vvd <Path to Install Adobe Flash Player.app>
    • The easiest way is to just drag the file that's in your screenshot onto the Terminal app
    • For example: codesign -vvd /Volumes/Flash\ Player/Install\ Adobe\ Pepper\ Flash\ Player.app
  • Hit Enter key
  • In the results, the Developer ID should be Adobe Systems, Inc

<edit: grammar fix>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines