• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Flash Player on My Mac OS 10.13.6

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac OS 10.13.6 with Safari 12.0.1. I'm trying to install the latest version of Flash Player. I open the app "Install Adobe Flash Player," check the box that I have read the License Agreement, click "Install," provide my computer's password, and click on "Install Helper," get the the bar that shows it's being installed, then it jumps from about 21% to the message "Installation of Flash Player 31.0 is complete." At the bottom left is the message "Please restart your browser" and at the bottom right is the "Done" button, so I click on "Done," restart Safari, wondering what's supposed to happen next. I then discover that Flash Player has not, in fact, been installed. I have repeated this series of steps umpteen times, and sometimes get a a "Step Three" that says "Thank you," as if it's done, but then asks me to sign up for a free month at the end of which I will be automatically billed $30 a month. I do not do that because it requires my credit card information and automatic billing. Is that why Flash Player is not installed, even though it said "Installation of Flash Player 31.0 is complete"? I'm confused and desperate. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my exact problem!!! I have the same Mac system--I talked to Apple support and I need to bring my computer in. It may be unrelated to adobe but it may fix my adobe problem. But, I was the same, I downloaded adobe 4324 times and it kept saying done, on the adobe help I could see everything and all of my updates are good to go.

13-inch MacBook Pro (non Touch Bar) Solid-State Drive Service Program - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apple disables Flash by default on Safari.  Please refer to below mentioned links to enable Flash Player:

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I had done all of those and it all looks configured and everything shows it should be good to go--including being able to see the tree and moving clouds on Adobe help test screen. Those are very helpful links though, thank you! Hopefully they help others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most browsers are blocking Flash by default and the end user must enable it, for each site they want to view Flash content on.  Some browsers (e.g.  Chrome) delete the user's selection when the user exits out of the browser, forcing the user to allow Flash again the next time they launch the browser and attempt to view Flash on a site they previously allowed Flash on.  This may be what you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines