• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Flash Player "Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.3 r300 has encountered a problem ..."

Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following message as soon as I boot up my PC:

"Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.3 r300 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

According to Adobe, this is the first time they've heard of this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that.  Maybe you need to reboot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebooted more times than I can count and no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other thing I did was check the delete box on that same page.  I didn't mention it because no one told me to and I didn't know as it did anything.

Control Panel.....Right Click on Flash Player.....Open.......Advanced

I clicked the Delete All button at the top to get rid of previous settings and then Unchecked the Auto Updates and checked instead the Notify button.  Then rebooted.

Crazy darned thing that this has worked for me but not others.  Hope you can find a solution too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE:

23. jbacinti, --Jul 22, 2012 2:30 PM    in reply to Carolo43

Unchecking auto updates does not stop the message for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to hear that too.  I actually recommended this to a few friends who were having the same issue, and it worked for them.

But, I'm wondering....  Have you tried disabling the check for updates settings in both the (Window's Control Panel's) Global settings manager and the (online) Global Notifications Settings panel?  (That's the one on this page -- http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html )  On that page, click on the "Globe with the Check Mark" tab and make sure that the box is blank.

Hope this helps.

Ortho_Fan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating on Windows XP Professional Version 2002 and get this error message about every 20 minutes since installing this version.  I am now getting tired of "reporting the problem" when the error box pops up.

I have not tried any options to fix the problem so I will read through these replys to see if there might be a "fix" laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have two machines running XP and only one of them has this problem. The difference is that the one with no problem has both the active-X and plug-in versions installed, the one giving the error message only has the active-X version. Maybe the updater is trying to update both versions in error? Anyone else have a similar situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked after reading your post, here, texasbrit, but in my case, I do not have the plug-in but do have the active-x.

I have not gotten the message again since I did the walk-around described here on July 21.  At least that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your problem is also a system that only has the active-x. Makes me think

that it is trying to update the plug-in and we don’t have it installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize to everyone running into this issue with the Flash Player update service.  We're working on resolving this and treating it as a top priority.  Unfortunately, we've been unable to reproduce the problem internally but with the help of a number of customer volunteers we're making progress.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, please see this post that walks you through the process of changing your update process to "Notify": http://forums.adobe.com/message/4547234#4547234

I'll make sure to update the Announcement forum and forum posts as soon as I have additional information to share.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the latest version of Flash Player has been updated from 265 to 268. Is this update service issue fixed in the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We released Flash Player 11.3.300.270 today to specifically address the crash in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe.  Please see this announcement post for additional details and links to the installers:

8/2/2012 - Flash Player 11.3 Update

We'd like to thank everyone that helped us troubleshoot and debug this issue.  I'm sorry you had to go through this but glad it's now resolved.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the little I can understand about this stuff is that the active-x if for IE users and the plug-in is for other browsers such af Firefox or Chrome.  Does that sound right to you?

I only use IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines