Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when auto updater attempts to install update

Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife got an update on her computer, I was able to save the "error report" prior to closing the updater.  Where would you like it sent?  When will Adobe fix this?  Obviously the issue was not addressed with the new Installer/Uninstaller (11.3 r300).       -kd5-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Also on XP. 

Bored of it!  Voted for fix. 

Meanwhile, stopping the updater seems sensible.  Not sure how best to do it.  What interface(s) should I use to delete the flashplayerupdateervice.exe?  

Task Manager first to delete the task, then Add/Remove programs to uninstall?

tx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click START, RUN, type in "services.msc" (no quotes), hit ENTER. You'll get a window with local services listed. In that list is "Adobe Flash Player Update Service". Double click on it and in the following PROPERTIES window will be a "Startup Type" box. Select "disabled" and click "Apply".

No more problem until the cure comes along!

I hope!

Regards,

skid13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Services rather than apps level, righto. Thanks, skid13! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I've done to disable the auto-update service enterprise wide using SCCM.

1) Push out the following C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg file to all machines with the problematic versions of Flash:

AutoUpdateDisable=1

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

(since we're updating Flash with SCCM, I'm not worried about turning off the Auto-Update service. Set AutoUpdateDisable=0 if you want to keep the "Notify Me to Install Updates" option turned on.)

2) It appears mearly pushing out the config change will not disable the update service, even with a restart, so push the following out as well to delete the service:

cmd /c sc config "AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc" start= disabled & cmd /c sc delete "AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc"

(I disable the service before deleting it, as in one test it threw an error if I deleted it immediately.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my scripted tasks, I prefer to use these commands:

flashplayerupdateservice.exe -setDisableAutoUpdate

flashplayerupdateservice.exe -deleteTask

flashplayerupdateservice.exe -uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The votes keep climbing over at

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3225162

For those who haven't yet disabled the update service, has the latest 11.3.300.268 build of FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe been crashing all the same or can it be that perhaps this bug was finally found and corrected?  It sure wasn't fixed in .265.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I can answer my own question...

"Faulting application FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe, version 11.3.300.268, faulting module ntdll.dll"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update to let you know we hope to have a fix available for the Update Service crash very soon (possibly as early as tomorrow).  I'll post with additional details as soon as they are available.

Thanks for your patience.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't seen the news, we've release Flash Player 11.3.300.270 today to specifically address this problem (crash in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe).  Please see this announcement post for additional details and links to the installers:

8/2/2012 - Flash Player 11.3 Update

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same symptoms:

"Adobe® Flash® Player Update Service 11.3 r300 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

This notice occurs time after time. A manual installation made no difference. The Adobe Flash site tells me that I have version 11,3,300,262 installed, so I am unsure just why there is an updating attempt.

Win XP 32bit Service Pack 3.

I will switch to manual updating as Chris recommends and see if there is any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a test build from Adobe (version 11.3.300.265). Initial testing appears good. I'll post back with more results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines