Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox 25 on Windows 7: Flash 11.9.900.117 freezes Firefox

Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the troubleshooting suggested by Mozilla https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-hangs-or-not-responding

Firefox works fine but as soon as any Flash content is started Firefox locks up and I have to close the process in Windows Task Manager.

I can't go into Flash settings and disable hardware acceleration because Flash freezes Firefox completely before that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Could you try disabling hardware acceleration via your system's mms.cfg file?

This will be located in your C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash folder (assuming that you are using a 64 bit version of Windows).  Simply open up the mms.cfg file with a text editor and add the following line:

DisableHardwareAcceleration=1

Save the file and try again.

If that fails, I'd recommend reverting back to Flash Player 11.7 until this can be resolved.

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 11.7 for Windows or Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try disabling hardware acceleration via your system's mms.cfg file?

This will be located in your C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash folder (assuming that you are using a 64 bit version of Windows).  Simply open up the mms.cfg file with a text editor and add the following line:

DisableHardwareAcceleration=1

Save the file and try again.

If that fails, I'd recommend reverting back to Flash Player 11.7 until this can be resolved.

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 11.7 for Windows or Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. The freeze is gone. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. I had no file named "mms.cfg" in my C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash folder. I created one and added the entry, but it didn't seem to work after I rebooted the system. I confirmed by going into the settings and it was still enabled.

Any suggestsions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing? You don't know or you don't want to help?

Just asking because it seems there have been a few of these questions which have gone unupdated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines