• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash content that utilizes webcam crashes browser

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2008 Nov 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this issue may effect ALL SONY VAIO laptops. Any Flash content that utilizes the webcam will crash the browser. I have tested in IE and Opera.

I am currently running Vista Business and have reproduced this in Vista Ultimate with the same laptop(VGN-TT190).

Basically go to youtube and choose to upload a video using "Quick Capture". When the flash content loads it will crash the browser. This happens on ANY flash content that accesses the webcam. Even adobe's own webcam test.

Another way to crash flash/browser would be to right click any flash content. Choose settings. Got to webcam settings and the browser will crash.

Please help me!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2008 Nov 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem on my Sony Vaio that i have just bought. every time i go on to my msn live and try and open the intergrated webcam it crashes firefox and IE7. I have tried entering the Adobe settings as per the instructions to select the webcams available but when I click on the webcam icon the browser crashes. I have probably put the best part of 10 hours into fxiing this issue, please help me.

Regards

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2008 Nov 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have talked to Sony about this and we have reached a workaround.

it involves a file called BtwVdpCapFilter.dll (it is a bluetooth profile that essentially allows people to share their webcam across bluetooth BUT no one uses this) and it is what is crashing when you access the webcam thru IE/Firefox/Opera.

So go to C:\windows\system32 and rename it to anything for example BtwVdpCapFilter1.dll and everything should be fine. Sony said they will be releasing a patch for this.

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2008 Nov 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have have this same problem, but on My Dell DIMENSION 4700, with WIN XP, Servie Pack 3.
Whould this be the same problem dealing with the file "BtwVdpCapFilter.dll "??
I 've searched entire PC for the exact file and search brought back nothing on it.
Do you have any possible leads to what else could be done this?

-Bobby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This dll is pretty specific to Sony laptops i believe. Sorry can't help you with why your DELL is crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2008 Dec 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
@Bobby_52
Try IE, at least you get a crash report. I never had a camera and I have had this problem for years. I finally figured out it was a program called "Tuxvision" that caused it. It was easier than I thought. If Adobe can't write software that doesn.t crash I suggest they write a dummy device driver for a non existant camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines