• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10.2 - Fix for split screen problem on Youtube

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let users and support staff know, I have had this problem on two separate Windows XP systems now. The problem also manifests itself on other websites (e.g. Liveleak.com, Dailymotion.com) and is also experiencing crashes. These are reported by me in the vague hope it might make a difference to the product's quality.

I have solved it by Right-Mouse Clicking on the offending split-screen flash video and going to Settings, Display. Once there I have disabled the Hardware Acceleration feature and hey presto, all is working again.

When Adobe issue a fix, I'll turn it back on again.

Regards to all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Yes that does help in many cases. Sometimes updating the device drivers also.

The hardware acceleration sometimes can't be used by every system. You can read about the system requirements and what and how it works here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunetly, this did not resolve the problem for me (as well as others I'm sure), so still looking for a solution. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines