• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10 Installation - Error: Failed to Register

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2009 Jul 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the error I get when I try to install Flash Player 10 VIA Internet Explorer 7 (I had to remove IE8 due to compatibility errors).

I also had to remove Flash Player entirely (since that's what it told me in the troubleshoot) and re-installed it for FireFox. But for IE7, it gave me this error.

So, what exactly do I do?

I am guessing they mean Registery Keys error, but I am not entirely sure.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Not a problem.  You do not need it.

Explanation:

Windows Resource Kit is a bundle of utilities you can download from MS if you ever need it.  At this time you do not need it, but to make things simple in case you ever do... just go to c:\program files and create the empty folders so you have C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\

Then proceed from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 16, 2009 Aug 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I seem to have made some headway but I'm not there yet.  If you look at the contents of reset_minimal_fp10.txt it looks a lot like a .cmd file.  So I literally changed the name of reset_minimal_fp10.txt to reset_fp10.cmd and after confirming the change lo-and-behold it ran like a .cmd file too.  I had to run it as administrator but now I get " 'subinacl'  is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." errors.  I have subinacl in the correct folder I just need to get it to work.  One step closer I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully. Good luck.

Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:44:10 -0600

To: qwendy@msn.com

Subject: Flash Player 10 Installation - Error: Failed to Register

Well I seem to have made some headway but I'm not there yet. If you look at the contents of reset_minimal_fp10.txt it looks a lot like a .cmd file. So I literally changed the name of reset_minimal_fp10.txt to reset_fp10.cmd and after confirming the change lo-and-behold it ran like a .cmd file too. I had to run it as administrator but now I get " 'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." errors. I have subinacl in the correct folder I just need to get it to work. One step closer I guess.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We should not find fault with ourselves. It is always with the Adobe website

which does not keep regular maintenance to its software as millions of

computer users download every minute... it becomes corrupt... some files

missing... after few days it settles as the missing file comes to the

knowledge of the up keepers after some hue and cry...

A. Patrawala Advocate

G-3&4, Vighneshvar Estate, Nanpura,

Surat-395001 Gujarat India

+919825949066

akpsurat@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't find fault with yourself. It is the software which is corrupt and wait

till it is corrected and then find some other fault...Please sign the

petition at Care2.com against Adobe Flash Player Erros...

A. Patrawala Advocate

+919825949066

akpsurat@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PaladinJeff..

Looks like we may have accidentally changed the .zip file incorrectly. I'll check into it and post back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone has a fix for this issue. Having been thru all the options listed in http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

I am still getting the 'failed to register' error when trying to install.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 19, 2009 Aug 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've confirmed that we have made en error in teh subInACL upload.  We should have this fixed today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the fix done yet??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem finally fixed for me by using Secedit to reset security permissions as per http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433846

As administrator do the following

1. Open a command prompt

Start -> Run

type CMD and hit "OK"

2. Run secedit (this will reset all core file permssions and registry permissions.)

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose

3. Download and run the adobe flash uninstall. This will make sure nothing is left from failed installs

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.e xe

uninstall_flash_player /clean

4. Install flash http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!   That worked!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mega_Tron, Player 10 is working in my Administrator uuser account. I can't get it to install in my Name user account (which has administrator priviledges). It stops installing at the "Registration" phase. I've tried everything in tn_19166. I want to try your solution. Can I implement your solution in my Name user account, or must I implement it in my Administrator user account? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an error message when I ran the secedit but after executing the uninstall and install Flash worked fine. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion is highly technical and if the original software on Adobe

website is corrupt no solution till it is repaired by the Adobe after hue

and cry...

A. Patrawala Advocate

+919825949066

akpsurat@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We should not find fault with ourselves. It the lack of regular maintenance

on the part of Adobe that corrupt software is not repaired at earliest...Try

after few days until you find some other error...

A. Patrawala Advocate

+919825949066

akpsurat@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We should not find fault with ourselves. It is the lack of maintenance on

the part of Adobe that software becomes corrupt after extensive download by

the users. After some hue and cry they repair it to find some another error

after some time. Please bear till some talent like Sabir Bhatia discovers

some alternative to the Adobe Flash Player. Please sign my petition at

Care2.com of Adobe Flash Player :Error...

A. Patrawala Advocate

+919825949066

akpsurat@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tom, this worked for me. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2009 Aug 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends,

I have also faced the same error two days ago and tried every remedy suggested. It is stunning to note that the Adobe has monopoly on flash player and even Microsoft is slave to it. We should form a forum and request the Google to launch Google Flash Player so to have a choice. Adobe should stop experimenting with the Flash player as it has no expertise or experience as it is experimenting on our computers and systems. Most tragic part is the FLV players manufacturers who do not include the flash like component in their products but rely upon Adobe Flash Player. Java should also come up with such flash players. Hell with Adobe Flash Player which waste the precious time of computer users. I am starting the Petition in Care2 to this effect.

Please sign the petition. The Computer scholars from India will rise to the occasion and find some alternative to Adobe where policy is beggers can't be choosers.

akpsurat@msn.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player fails to install and I get the same message as above.  I am running Windows 2007, IE 8.  My  IT guys are baffled and can't figure it out either.  I've followed the instructions on the Adobe site.  I don't have another flash player installed.  I'm super frustrated and have spent days working on this.  I can't get anyone at Adobe and impossible to get help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suzy,

I finally got Flash 10 to work. But, it took several days of trying different fixes I found posted to the forum. Yes, it was frustrating and time consuming. But, I believe if you continue to try different things, it will work sooner or later. I can't necessarily suggest my "final" fix because I'm running XP Pro and IE6.

BruceTR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix using secedit is what worked for me. Make sure you put the spaces in correctly. There's a post about the spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible Solution for Flash Player 10 Installation Error Failed to Register :

• Flash Player 10 may fail to install or encounter some error if there is incorrect permissions. Make sure you login to  Administrator Account.
  • Some Antivirus Block installation process and detect as malicious files. It’s better temporarily disable your antiviurs
  • Our operating system always use built-in firewall or some of us uses firewall utilities. It’s better temporarily disable your firewall.
  • Use these freeware utilities Wise Registry Cleaner, Advanced SystemCare.  Those software help you to fix your registry errors and you can download both of them for free. 50% of having a problems in installation error –failed to register was fixed these software.
  • Last but not the least. Download the SublnACL tool from the Microsoft Download Center and follow the details instruction.
  • Then. Download Flash Player 10 and extract to same directory of SublnACL C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noted that several people in these forums have had trouble getting Flash Player 10 ActiveX to work in Internet Explorer on all the user accounts set up on their computers.  I have just had a similar experience with the installation of FP 10.0.45.2 ActiveX.  My PC has two Administrator Accounts with WinXP Home Ed SP3 and IE7.  Flash Player 10 would install and function for the one account in which it was installed, but would not function nor install for the other account. The cause of the problem was apparently the blocking of access to the necessary registry keys in the account in which the flash player had not been initially installed.  After reading troubleshooting tips and much trial and error I finally arrived at a simple three-part solution of the problem.

Firstly I uninstalled the flash player using the uninstallation file found on the Adobe Flash Player website, and then removed registry keys relating to flash player found by the rather gentle registry cleaner in the freeware CCleaner program.  (I suspect this latter step was not really necessary.)

Secondly I ran the reset_fp10 command script file in conjunction with the Microsoft SubInAcl program separately for each user account in order to reset registry permissions. (The SubInAcl program is easily found in the Microsoft Downloads Center; the command script file I acquired by googling "reset_fp10" and downloading it from a website thus found--alternatively a .bat file can be made using Notepad. The SubInAcl program is installed on one's hard drive and the command script is placed in the same directory as the program.  Instructions are available in the troubleshooting tips found on the Adobe Flash Player website and elsewhere.)

Thirdly I installed flash player 10 in one of the two Administrator accounts using a standalone Flash Player 10.0.43.2 ActiveX installation file, NOT the automatic installation process available on the Adobe Flash Player website.  The flash player successfully installed for both user accounts and functions properly in both.

I hope that my experience will be helpful to someone else who has encountered a similar problem regarding FP10 and multiple user accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the feeling that the source of the "Failed to register" problem lies in the way MS wrote their registry update code for a second or more administrator user account in WinXP. MS isn't going to address that because they're already 2 OSs past WinXP. Wouldn't it be wonderful if somehow the Adobe developers could be made aware of this and list a fix in their download troubleshooting guide under "Failed to register?" What they do list only leaves people like me to waste a lot of time doing uninstalls and reinstalls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leexox, I would think that Adobe developers are aware of the considerable number of people who have had problems with the installation and functioning of Flash Player 10 Active X for IE--unless they do not bother to read their own Forums.  And I agree that Adobe should provide a definite fix for the "Failed to register" error, though devising one to apply to all or even most situations may be too daunting.  In their troubleshooting tips Adobe does indicate that resetting registry permissions may be necessary, but I still found their "instructions" to be vague--maybe it was just me--and had to spend much time figuring out exactly what to do to solve the problem.  Fortunately for those of us who are at least moderately experienced in computer matters solutions to problems can usually (often?) eventually be found, but what about those people less experienced?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2010 Feb 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When all solutions are noth working you have to do this:

Open Register and go to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{D27CDB6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Select this number with a left click

click right and select than with right permissions

put a V on averybody and anonimous too allow on controll and read.

close register and install flash 10 on Adobe

This solution works on windows 7 and XP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines