• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 13 and mp3 playback?

New Here ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a flash based app that loads and plays external mp3's.  We've gotten two calls from users who cannot play mp3's with the latest version.  It happens on IE, Chrome and FF, and both windows XP and windows 8.  I tried the course in-house on both windows 7 and 8 and mp3's play fine.  This was an issue in Flash player 11, but was later fixed.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dparrott wrote:

We have a flash based app that loads and plays external mp3's.  We've gotten two calls from users who cannot play mp3's with the latest version.  It happens on IE, Chrome and FF, and both windows XP and windows 8.  I tried the course in-house on both windows 7 and 8 and mp3's play fine.  This was an issue in Flash player 11, but was later fixed.  Any ideas?

It HAS to be something on their systems outside of Flash.

Also, Flash Player ActiveX is a Microsoft product in WIn 8, so you're dealing with four different plug-ins. The one thing in common is the Flash based app. I'd look there first to see that the AS isn't pooched for FP 13, then I'd say check the two systems that are having the problem. If it was a plug-in problem, I'm pretty sure you'd have had a lot more than two calls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea that's what I thought since it works in the office with the same setup.  But I checked the systems and I don't see anything.  I even installed Chrome fresh on one of them, still no audio.  Youtube works, but external mp3's don't.  I opened up the browser's developers tools to see if mp3's were being blocked (sometimes they are), that's not the case.  I don't know where else on the system to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, MP3 being a WMP or QuickTime format. Flash Player would have nothing to do with it. If the Flash app opens, it's working. Somewhere, the call to the MP3 is going awry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"If the Flash app opens, it's working"

That's not entirely accurate.  There was an update to Flash Player last year that accidently blocked external audio, yet the app still opened.  Once the app tried to play the external audio, it crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines