Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 16.0.0.235 problem on firefox 34

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In continuation of this: Flash player 16.0.0.235 unresponsive on Firefox 34.0.5

Firefox disables the up to date flash plugin. If I manually enable it and try to see flash content then the cursor keeps blinking busy until I close the tab with the flash content.

I have now noticed the the Flash plugin process does not start when I enable the plugin and try to view content. In contrast, flash works normally on Chrome. I dont know why, but it looks like firefox keeps trying to start the flash plugin process but doesnt manage to do so. Have reinstalled both flash and firefox but it didnt help.

Please help!

Edit: disabling protected mode seems to solve the problem, but I'm sure its not a good solution. Any input?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had issue with Flash Player 16 too on Firefox 34, Windows 8.1 waiting for a solution. Flash crash when right click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue.  It will be addressed in a future update.  In the meantime, both Internet Explorer and Chrome seem to be in better shape on Windows 8.1.  The population of Firefox users on Win8.1 is still pretty small, and there seem to be a few issues unique to the intersection of Win8+ and Firefox.  I'd recommend using a different browser as a temporary workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox has relased Firefox 35.0 who not solve the Flash issue. Still waiting for Adobe or and Firefox fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is on Firefox 34 and also Firefox 35 relased in this days. I have solved downloading ESR version of Firefox Version 31.4.0 where the Flash player not Crash.

More info about ESR version can be found here where also you will be able to download: Firefox Extended Support Release FAQ — Mozilla

For Flash Team, consider this issue are not present on ESR version 31.0.4 of Firefox. I have tested and i had see the issue on Firefox 34 and also in the version 35. Maybe is a Firefox problem, maybe know in with version there are the issue can also help you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@peopleinside - Could you navigate to about:crashes and provide us with some of the crash id's that have been submitted to Mozilla?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i post here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click each of the links to submit them, then return to about:crashes.  The submitted crash reports will begin with "bp-" followed by a long hash of numbers and letters.  Right click those and choose Copy Link Location.  Just paste a few here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so the ntdll.dll@0x3ceec and IsWindow hangs appear to be a Firefox bug related to right-clicking on plug-in content on Win8.1 in general.  That looks like Firefox's bug, as it also affects Silverlight.  I pinged a friend over there that works on Firefox/Flash issues to better surface it: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1106673

I'm not sure what's going on with that other crash signature, but it's also specific to the intersection of Firefox and Win8.1. I'll take a deeper look at that one tomorrow.

Crash Reports in hang | CleanupPerAppKey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie Clark schrieb:

I'm not sure what's going on with that other crash signature, but it's also specific to the intersection of Firefox and Win8.1. I'll take a deeper look at that one tomorrow.

Crash Reports in hang | CleanupPerAppKey

Hi Jeromie,

did you find the time to check this ?

Here are two reports of the pc from my sister:

[@ hang | CleanupPerAppKey] - Firefox 36.0.4 Crash Report - Report ID: 61e0e505-5671-4379-8688-46c1f...

[@ hang | CleanupPerAppKey] - Firefox 36.0.4 Crash Report - Report ID: 51dfb66f-da7d-4923-8c55-66fcf...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for filing this.  This is the right-click hang on Win8+.  This is one of the things we've been collaborating with Mozilla on, and it should be resolved at the intersection of the next major Flash and Firefox updates.  I left more specifics in the Mozilla bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Firefox 31.4 ESR you can have some issue when loading youtube video, the same issue with Firefox 34 and 35 but this i don't know if is Firefox Issue, Flash Issue or Youtube Issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1143395

I continue to see the issue in Firefox 36.0.1 Created a report.

Issue continue to be also in version 36.0.1 of Firefox relased in this days with Flash V 17 - If the protected mode in Firefox is disabled the problem is solved but protected mode must be on for security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue continue to be also in version 36.0.1 of Firefox relased in this days with Flash V 17 - If the protected mode of Firefox is disabled the problem is solved but protected mode must be on for security.

I hope this will be soon solved so i can update my Firefox from ESR to the last editions.

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/acdcd394-cecf-4498-bd0b-796292150315

Crash Reports in hang | ntdll.dll@0x3cbec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines