• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player crashing with all browsers, running on Windows 7

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2010 Jan 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that there are a lot of people with the same crashing problem with Flash Player... I`ve tried everything, so maybe you could help. Here`s the problem:

I`m having constant crashing issues with Flash Player for months, since I`ve bouth this brand new HP Pavilion dv7-1253us and installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit version). It started out with Firefox 3.5, then I tried moving to Google Chrome (version 3 and version 4-beta), Opera browser 10.10, and even Internet Explorer 8, but the same problem persists.

The latest version of Flash Player (10.0.42.34) is installed. I`ve already tried uninstalling with the Adobe Flash Uninstaller and reinstalling a couple of times. Also, I`ve already tried installing the beta version (10.1), but it didn`t solve the problem. I also tested some other fixes I found on the internet, like the Bluetooth driver fix from Sony, disabling hardware acceleration, and some others, but... nothing!

Suggestions, anyone??? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2010 Jan 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had the same problem as of this morning (HP DV4). I origi

nally thought it was a windows update (still maybe)... After lots of play

ing around, uninstalling reinstalling

flash, I finally right clicked on flash video and turned off hardware acceleration. This is now wroking ok. Could it be ATI maybe?? Let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2010 Jan 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn`t work for me, though... Mine is a nVidia GeForce 9600M GT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2010 Jan 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating the video card driver. You can get it from the nVidia website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I feel with you, I too have just bought a new HP Pavilion p6225, Windows 7 (64-Bit) and GeForce GT230 and installed Firefox 3.5.7 and

Flash Player 10,0,42,34. The Flash Player plays the videos for about 5 seconds and then freezes. It's got to be on the Flash Player end and I guess we just have to wait for a new version. All in all I think like always nobody's ready for running their stuff on W7 yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fpMonster

Yup, already tried to do that. I`m with the latest beta version of the nVidia GeForce drivers right now, but it`s the same thing as the current WHQL version, and the previous one.

@Gygangster

That`s terrible, specially after 3 months of Windows 7 official release. 😕 But still, I`m not sure that there`s something related to it. I`m running Windows 7 on my desktop PC too, with a GeForce 8800GT, and Flash Player works pefectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2010 Jan 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you save your dxdaig info and post it for me?

On your Windows,

1. Start do Run

2. type: dxdiag

3. Click on the Display Tab

4. Click "Save All info" and save to txt file.

5. Post the txt file

Thanks for cooperating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2010 Jan 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here it is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and went through all the same stops outlined by other users (reinstall firefox, flash, flash beta, etc.) See enclosed diagnostic information.

Thanks,

John Spannagel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2010 Jan 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a few people have this problem. What is happening? The configuration: Athlon64 x2, abit an52, 2x1GB Kingmax DDR2, Xpertvision 8600GT 256Mb, asus XONAR d1, LEADTEK TV 2000 XP Global, Samsung 160GB Sata. The flash freezes all browsers, windows7 32bit re-installed.

Message was edited by: balazs81

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, here`s the thing: I did a fresh new install of Windows 7 on my laptop. At first, the crashed at Firefox seemed to be happening less constantly. I`ve tried techangel.com`s fix, but I don`t think that really made a difference. I managed to stay like 15 minutes browsing YouTube (that`s a new record), but at the end, the browser crashed. 😕 Not sure if it was Flash Player`s fault this time, though...

I`ve tried using Google Chrome too, but then the Shockwave Player crash appeared after 2 minutes of watching some YouTube videos...

This is very frustrating. 😕 I believe that`s something hardware/driver-related. I think I`ll just stick with Google Chrome, so at least only the faulty tab crashes, not the entire browser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My browser also crashed, and after numerous solutions and a lot of time, I found out that by going to Intel and having them upload their newest driver my computer now works fine on all sites that use Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been driving me crazy for months. I have reinstalled Win 7, flash, java over and over again and all my browsers FF3.5 and IE 8 crash every time. I have a HP dv4-1225dx, AMD XD Dule-Core RM-72 2.1, ATI Radeon HD 3200. I am going to go insane if Adobe doesnt fix this or at least acknowledge it is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2010 Jan 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spearma7, visit the HP site and download the latest graphics card drivers, BIOS updates, and also when you have the time run a full disk check. Also make sure all available Windows Updates are installed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2010 Jan 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much worse than the Flash Player crashing issue is my Firefox browser, that keeps crashing all the time, and I don`t know why!!! I tried a Windows clean-boot today, and tried running it at Safe Mode, but it keeps crashing, even in pages without Flash objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just removed the Adobe Flash Player version 10, and installed Flash Player version 9. Seems to have done the trick for now, FarmVille has been running for the last 30 minutes, you should try it! Ironic, isn't it? I keep getting the "Aw, snap!" messages in a few pages with Google Chrome, and Firefox is still unusable, though.

Here are a few things I've tried to diagnose some problems with Windows 7 (Flash crashes, Firefox crashes, Fallout 3 crashes...):

• fresh re-install of Windows 7
  • disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
  • uninstall/disable audio drivers
  • uninstall/disable Bluetooth drivers
  • try the new beta drivers from nVidia
  • Clean-boot Windows (load only the core services)
  • disable hardware-acceleration on Flash Player
  • test RAM memory with memtest+

Just in case someone wants to try doing some of these things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here's another variant of the crash. I have a Dell XPS Studio with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 running Win7 Ultimate x64. When I attach to a public video streaming source (www.svt.se) and stream data in full screen mode thru IE and Flash Player 10 (latest-n-greatest), then the video after some 10-20 minutes either becomes *very* slow or the screen goes completely black, even thou I can hear the audio continues to play. I can then attach with remote desktop from another machine, and the odd thing is that now the screen is black too. And if I press Esc then usually an error message pops up saying that IE is not working.

If this was a ATI driver problem then one could assume that video should work from the remote desktop, becuase then the ATI driver is no longer involved.

What I also can see is that when the crash occurs then usually IE memory allocation has gone from approx 75MB to 250MB (increasing with 1BM per ~10s).

I've also tested to uninstall ATI driver and run with Windows default driver instead, and then the issue doesn't occur anymore. The same if I install ATI driver and uninstall Flash Player and run video in full screen mode thru IE with Media Player.

I have also experienced the same crash with a HP EliteBook 6930p with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 running Vista Business x32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2010 Sep 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK listen up ye users of Firefox (latest is 3.6.10), Opera (latest is 10.62) and IE (latest is IE9)- Adobe will issue a 'patch' to 'cure' Flash and Shockwave's crashing fits around the week of 4 October 2010. Chrome users who have the very latest version of that browser version 6.0.472.63 like I do

will find that Flash 10.1.85.3 (latest upgrade) has been already incorporated into the browser.

Everyone w/o Chrome is envious of us Chrome users because they think we got the 'patch cure' before them. No way! Our Flash and Shockwave Players are still crashing. Adobe.com recommends downloading the uninstall Flash and uninstall Shockwave programs and uninstalling then reinstalling both. After each uninstallation reboot and after each re-installation reboot. This works great for Shockwave but for some unknown reason Flash just will NOT

uninstall even though the dialogue box comes up and says uninstallation of Flash complete. To check after you uninstall/reboot there is a link to go to

Adobe's ID page and see if you did indeed uninstall Flash. After 6 tries I finally got 'Missing Plug Ins' instead of 'You have the latest Flash Player already--'

So I went to the Adobe main page and hit 'Get Flash Player' and bingo! I did get the 'You have the latest Flash Player already installed and incorporated into you Google Chrome browser with a link supposedly telling you how to enable Flash plug in. You type in any URL slot on any Chrome Tab the following: about:plugins hit Enter and then click on Details in upper right corner of plug ins list. Then you scroll down to Flash/Shockwave and make sure

both have been enabled. Mine were already enabled so I went back again and tried to DL the software for Flash and it would NOT let me do it! My query is- Is my Flash now uninstalled and if so how come Adobe says it is uninstalled and it isn't uninstalled? Why can't I DL Flash for a re-install? All this crap worked for Shockwave which uninstalled/reinstalled magnificently. Only glitch is that uninstalling SW from Chrome also yanks it from IE, Opera, Firefox and just about every other Mozilla and Netscape browser imaginable. So I suppose I must reinstall SW at IE9, FF 3.6.10 and at Opera 10.62. Just to be doubly sure that Flash was totally gone I used my REVO Uninstaller but I think I will go back and the long drawn out 'deep scan uninstall' the slowest uninstall of all!

Us Chrome users have our own help forum and another great source of help is EONS.com's Computer Technology & Internet Solutions group. Sure ya gotta join but it's free and no longer must you be 50 to join EONS thanks to many group founders like me. My group has an age limit of 12 and up to ?

My group's one of only two at EONS re anime. The other is run by one of my co-mods. If you come just type 'anime' in the search bar and hit Enter. Only two groups will come up. Anyway I'd be grateful (and so would a lot of other Chromers who are going nuts over this issue) if anyone can tell us how to truly uninstall Flash from Chrome and every other browser too and then do a clean re-install of it. I tried going to download.cnet.com but it just led me back to adobe.com- full circle back to square one.

Here's that Adobe uninstall URL for both Flash & SW and the DL/install URLs for both of them.

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/search.py?ctx=en:searchbox&query=uninstall+shockwave  page 1 of helpful tips.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=0f3253ee9bd2257d&hl=en  page 2 with the answers.

It's the four part Popular Answer that has those URLs I mentioned. They are from our Chromers forums. Here is a link to CT&IS at EONS:

http://www.eons.com/groups/group/computers-technology-and-internet-solutons-center  Pete the group leader is great. These folks can help

out with ANY computer problems you may have. They have been a lifesaver for me from Vista right up to Windows 7. BTW I have a desktop HP Pavilion p6330f Windows 7 Home Premium PC with dual Pentium processors (64 bit) and I use all 4 browsers I mentioned above. I have several basic Adobe addons/plugins/programs: AIRE, Flash Player Active X, Flash Player 10.1.85.3, Reader 9.3, Acrobat and Shockwave 11.5 something. Feel free to PM me if you like. Sayonara for now- keimanzero (founder of anime-a-holics (EONS) & Animeaholics1 (Yahoo Groups) aka K&K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2010 Sep 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issues of flash player crash have been resolved by the flash player team right from the beta release of Flash player 10.1

Access the latest version from http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

Thanks,

Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2011 Jun 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, folks, don't just blame Windows 7.. the flash player... The crashes are now happening at most games on facebook... and changing your browser will not help.. I have used IE, Firefox, Google Chrome,  Opera,   Facebook games come up on local intranet instead internet..A question to computer experts...can we fix it?  It only happens on Facebook games, once out of there no problems... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its nothing to do with what type of pc laptop or etc.... what make, etc..... its happening ALL ROUND.

i dont know ANYONE thats not getting this issue, wether browser may be explorer (rubbish browser), chrome (getting there), or firefox (real community browser).... its an all round stumper..

we all trust flash (adobe) thats not the issue... we know you are really good at what you (flash) do.... but this is not an isolated or rare incidence, its real and worrying...and happening ALL OVER... life on the net isnt much fun anymore..... anything we out here can do to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines