• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player does not work in win 10

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting tired and frustrated.  I did all the steps to solve the problem with my Flash player and nothing worked on win 10. What else can I do????????????????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

I'm not recommending that you reinstall Win10.  We're just talking about uninstalling and reinstalling the latest patch from Windows Update for Internet Explorer/Edge.  This should get IE and Edge back to a good state, and is generally a non-destructive operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer, browser, what exactly the problem you're encountering is, and what you've done to try and resolve it so far:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. My computer is special built.

2. Win 10

3. IE Version  11.1198.14393.0

4.Shockwave is enabled.

5.Active X is disabled.

6. SubInACL from the Microsoft Download Center downloaded & installed.

7.reset_fp.zip file downloaded.

8. Still I get this:Flash.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see animation when you go here?

http://www.homestarrunner.com/​ or here Adobe - Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks.

To be clear, for IE and Edge, the distribution and installation of Flash Player is handled by Microsoft via Windows Update.  We provide a working Flash Player to them, but we don't have any control over the distribution mechanism.  There's also no evidence in the telemetry from the field to indicate the presence of a widespread problem.  Things like this usually come down to a damaged file, corrupted permissions, etc.

Since there's no actual installer or uninstaller for IE and Edge on Windows 10 (again, this is all controlled by Windows Update), what we've found usually works is to simply find the last Windows Update affecting Flash, IE and Edge, uninstalling it, then re-installing it by running Windows update again.

To do this, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security.  Click "View installed update history" > Uninstall updates.  Look through the windows updates for the most recent patch to IE (this varies depending on the windows build you're on), and just uninstall it. 

Reboot the machine, then go back to the Update & Security screen and click Check for Updates to install all of the pending relevant updates.

If that doesn't work, are you on an administrator account, or a standard user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking time to help.  I deeply appreciate that.

Now I need some luck to understand your direction and to implement it.

By the way does it help if I reinstall Win 10, am I going to loose or corrupt a lot of data?

Again many thanks 🙂

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not recommending that you reinstall Win10.  We're just talking about uninstalling and reinstalling the latest patch from Windows Update for Internet Explorer/Edge.  This should get IE and Edge back to a good state, and is generally a non-destructive operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are tons of updates so which one should I uninstall?

How would I know if by uninstalling a particular updates that the flash player is working?

Thanks,

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want the most recent one that specifically mentions Edge or Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found 4 of them as follows but I can't uninstall them

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems) (KB3209498)

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems) (KB3214628)

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems) (KB4010250)

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems) (KB4014329)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it give you some kind of error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is becoming like a never ending story.

When I go to setting and choose Update and Security, and view the Updates History I can find the 4th update that I mentioned before. Then when I click on "Uninstall updates", a new page would open and tells you to uninstall an update choose from the list below. In that list there is just one update in regard to Flash Player and it is called "Security update for flash player.  So I choose that and it did get uninstalled then it will ask me to restart my pc.  While the PC is restarting the updates would go and install the security again.

It is really frustrating to work on such a small stuff for hours at a time with no success. I am one step close to give up.

Thank you so much for your time.

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's basically what's supposed to happen.  I was hoping that forcing the OS to reinstall it would fix whatever the problem is.  Usually I find the last combined Edge/IE update and remove and replace that, but they used to ship one big update with the browsers and Flash.  They've been getting a little more surgical with the updates these days, but this problem hasn't come up in a while, either.

Unfortunately, if that didn't work, it's really out of our sphere of control.  It's Microsoft's distribution and installation mechanism -- we're just along for the ride.  It's ultimately something that Microsoft/Edge will need to help you sort out.

In the meantime, if you just want to get on with life, Google Chrome ships with Flash Player built it, and Firefox supports Flash.  Once you install Firefox, just go here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to get the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines