• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Doesn't Work on Some Websites

New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On some websites Flash content loads normally (for example it works great on youtube, hulu, and dailymotion), but on other websites it does not work at all.

On many websites (for example, on the MTV or Comedy Central websites), I get a black box where the video should be, but no ad or video ever shows up. If I right click in the black box, I get the following options:

- Settings...

- Global Settings...

- About Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.235...

I have tried IE and Chrome.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling flash.

I've tried deleting all site Data and Settings.

I've set it to allow sites to save information to my computer.

I'm running the latest version.

My system is an AMD A6-3400M, 6GB Ram, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I've tried IE9 and Chrome - same issue with both browsers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem loading and viewing video on websites since upgrading to the latest version of Adobe Flash yesterday.  Here are the websites that work: Youtube, CNN, BBC, Facebook.  Others like Australian Open, weather.com, MSNBC don't work.  I can't get any of the videos to play.  I can scrub through some of the videos on weather.com, but it simply won't play and offer any audio.  I have do idea why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have this problem with one website.

http://www.oc16.tv/shows/58

Have tried most of the solutions that apply to windows 7 posted here. Pretty much all the websites mentioned here work on my computer. This one site just doesn't load. After a while all i get is a pyramid with an exclamation mark on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works, but why?? Logging in as Guest? It's an inexplicable fix to a problem that is obviously quite widespread and should already have been addressed by Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem with Comedy Central site and after shutting down all extensions and making sure I was upgraded to the latest Flash version for Chromium (Iron or Aviator) nor Opera will play these clips:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e3g6ec/the-nightly-show-1-29-15-in--60-seconds

http://www.cc.com/episodes/b9pkwb/-midnight-extended---thursday--january-15--2015---uncensored-seaso...

But Firefox plays them even with Ghostery and AdBlock running. 

I think it has something to do with the changes made stemming from Flash being bundled with Chrome but being a separate install for Opera and Chromium. 

There was also a problem with the online installer refusing to install the Flash extension nor would the installer 'install_flashplayer17x32_mssd_aaa_aih' or 'install_flashplayer17x32pp_mssd_aaa_aih' properly install Flash.  They would complete but when going to the website to check your version it would have no flash or the old version.  Only the version a tech linked titled 'install_flash_player.exe' would properly install.

Flash install and reliability of usage the last 6 months has been atrocious.  I'm not sure what's going on but something needs to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this page work for anyone? It stopped working for me about a week ago. I completely removed and reinstalled flash on my machine, but have had no success getting the embedded flash elements (circa 2011) to load.

for Students | Spirit Series | Building a Better Future... with Wisdom from the Past!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed and update from Adobe, last week.  Since then, my iplayer won't work.  I've reinstalled adobe flash, but is still doesn't work.  I'm not great with computers, can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a grey box that asks me to play Adobe Player on my Opera browser, but not Chrome. at first I thought it was due to it being out of date, which it was and then i fixed it. But the box still persists. I have disabled my hardware acceleration and rebooted my computer, twice now. It was working just fine earlier in the day and then suddenly this nonsense started to happen. Ive checked and it doesnt appear to be the browser either. Anybody know whats going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some problems too, I want to add flash games on my website [link removed] and I was wondering if I need to install adobe flash player somehow on my domain or just embedding the game will do the trick?

Really new to this, so please be gentle! Also will it slow down the site? Or will I need VPS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I don't know if this will help.

I had flash installed but iplayer said I needed to install flash. After numerous downloads and installs of flash, and making sure it was enabled in add on, it still wouldn't work with iplayer.

Videos on you tube were fine.

Then with the iplayer page open, I happened to click on the no entry symbol  on the right hand side of Internet explorer address bar. A window popped up with the option to turn off Active X filtering, and hey presto, iplayer was working.

Whether this is a flook, I don't know, but worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread was started in 2012.  Most of the issues you're running into now are going to have different root-causes.  I'm going to lock this thread. 

If you're still having issues, please start a new thread with a title that describes the issue you're experiencing, include as many of the details outlined here as possible - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540 and we'll try to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines