• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash popup window on my desktop but without a "remind me later" button, is this a virus?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i just logged into my computer and on my desktop was a popup that said that adobe flash has an update. I never saw it popup it was just there when i logged in. I did some googling and it seems legit but i noticed two weird things about it. On the adobe flash update log it says the last update was june 9 and today it is july 14 which has no update. The other thing i noticed was the lack of a "remind me later" button next to the install button. On the other posts about the same window it at least had a "remind me later" button so i thought this was malware which is really good at mimicing the original window. I just want to know if this is legit or if this is a virus or malware.

Uppdatera Adobe Flash Player 2020-07-14 12_18_34.pngthis is the popup i got and no its not fullscreen i just couldnt get a screenshot with it on my desktop. Its also in swedish and i cant copy the text but this is a short explanation of what it says:

There is an update for adobe flash player.

This update contains improved useability, online security and stability. Also something about creating better and more engaging experiences for some kind of creators.

Among the improvements in this version are

Performance improvments of 3D content and games

better video performance and compatability

new API:s for a better browser experience on the latest devices

If you have allowed that adobe installs updates then this update will install automatically on the system within 45 days. You can also choose to install it now.

So something like that and sorry if my english is broken in some places. 

Anyways Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error , Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

That does look like a legitimate update notification.  When in doubt, exit out of the window and go diretly to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the installer directly.

The download page auto detects the OS and browser and downloads the Flash Player installer for that combination.  If you use more than one browser that uses different plugin types,  repeat for the other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does look like a legitimate update notification.  When in doubt, exit out of the window and go diretly to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the installer directly.

The download page auto detects the OS and browser and downloads the Flash Player installer for that combination.  If you use more than one browser that uses different plugin types,  repeat for the other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines