• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

host unable to load application configuration error

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I ignored the new Flash update as I was working but ever since the ignore, the program I use for work which is Flash based isn’t working.  I tried to install the latest version of the Flash player by visiting this page http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect 

In Chrome browser I see this message on the adobe page If you are using the Google Chrome browser, Adobe® Flash® Player is built-in but has been disabled. To enable Flash Player, follow the steps in this TechNote

I checked in my plug ins section and it shows Adobe Flash player version 11.3.31.331 as being enabled so I don’t understand why I’m seeing the above message. I tried manually downloaded the update file install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe but received the host unable to load application configuration error. I thought this maybe due to my being on a Win 7 64 bit and Adobe was giving me the 32 bit file? I even found the 64 bit installer fle as someone suggested on another post but had the same result “host unable to load application configuration error”

I tried updated Flash in Firefox and that didn’t work

I tried reinstalling Chrome..no luck.

I also tried syncing my clock as suggested on another post...that didn’t help.

I visited http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht... and didn’t see any solutions there.

Is this a computer hardware issue? I'm at witts end as I need the latest Flash Player installed for work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesmatey155 wrote:

I visited http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-pr oblems-flash-player-windows.h... and didn’t see any solutions there.

The solution is to download (and run) the offline installer(s) from the links there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat...thanks for your prompt response...I check out the section for Chrome on the page you suggested. My Chrome is the latest version and I have Flash player enabled within Chrome yet I'm still getting the "Flash is disabled within Chrome" messge.

Please see attached screenshot.

screenshot.jpg

I my original message I explained that I have tried the suggested download and offline installs suggested but I'm getting the "

host unable to load application configuration error

Simply put I can't install any of these applications or updates...it just doesn't load.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.....I had the exact same problem as you mate. I have win XP 64 with Firefox. And I found that I had to disable AVG for a short time......and now everything is working fine again with the lastest update of Flash Player

So hopefully this will help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines