• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I trigger a Flash Player update?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Vista machine, when (limited privledges) Visitor loged in, there was an "Adobe Flash Player update available" pop-up.  I do not do any updates as Visitor and so logged out and back in as admin.  But I cannot seem to get that pop-up message.  I have looked at the Global Notifications Settings Panel and Notify me when an update to Adobe Flash Player is available is checked.

There is an update, the settings is set to notify me, but I don't get a notification (I presume that's what the pop-up was/is).

Or does the notification only happen once a day and only for one one account on a PC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

You can also do Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced > Check Now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use the FP notification auto update also. When it prompts me and I'm in the middle of something, I click on "Remind me later" Normally it will prompt again either within the time limit I have set or after I have shut down the computer. Not a restart but a shut down.

You may want to try that, using the Administrator account so if you receive the prompt, you can go ahead and Install.

Hope that helps,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, you can always manually download the update from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years later...

In Windows 7,

Start -> type "cmd" into the search box (without the quotes)

Windows should find a program named cmd

Click on it to start command prompt.

A black text window should appear, with a prompt and cursor.

At the prompt you want to run the FlashUtil program with the -update plugin argument but the problem is that

1. The version number changes with each update, and
  2. Over time, adobe changes where in the file system it stores this file

So, you will probably have to search for a similar program.  Once you find it, replace mine below with the program you found, and the path you found it in.

The following command works today on my system. As you can see i'm currently on version 14.0.0.145 (I will be upgrading to version 16.0.0.235 today.)

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_14_0_0_145_plugin.exe -update plugin

Running this command (with the right FlashUtil exe file, once you find it) produces the familiar flash update notification window popup, which looks like this (for the v16.0.0.235 update):

flash_update_notification_window.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also do Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced > Check Now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines