Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE8 in Windows 7 crashing with flash frequently

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm running a brand new install of Windows 7 (formatted with Windows 7 on a brand new drive, not upgraded from a previoius OS).  I'm running the 32 bit Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with all the latest MS patches.   I have flash 10,0,32,18 installed.    I can browse many flash pages but about 1 in 12 will eventually crash IE8.   I can go back into IE8 and open the same page that crashed flash/ie8 but it is very frustrating to browse the web and have it crash so often.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2009 Oct 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting very upset at Adobe about this issue. It has been posted numerous times. This is a known bug. Certain situations it will do this. It is't crashing 1 out of 12 it IS crashing every time you close an IE window that had flah in it. Check the Event Viewer to see for yourself.

Adobe..

When are you going to fix this known issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a serious problem. I had this problem with 32bit Vista, so I formated my drive and did a clean install to Windows 7 64-bit.  I downloaded the latest flash player (10.0.32.18) and the problem continues.  It has crashed 186 times in the last 6 days.  This issue is widespread and been around for some time.  What does it take to get a fix?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be the only serious issue plaguing my 2 machines..Flash crashes multiple times a day. Is anyone addressing this issue?. Or is it only a very small percentage of users having this issue.? I installed win 7 64 bit (Clean/formatted)  and the issue is with Firefox , Chrome and IE8. I always get " Address Problem with adobe player"  by redownloading it...after 10 times i am done, i will try a older version and see if that helps...I hope it get fixed real soon!....Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  Had Vista 64bit home Premium ran fine.  Upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium and within the first day Flash started locking up.  It would crash in Firefox and IE 8.  I have reinstalled Flash multiple times to no avail.  I have yet to find ANY solution.  I can use flash for about 5-10minutes then i have to restart or not go on 1/2 the webistes I need to.  Anyone?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens also to me and my clean install of Windows 7 32 bit. I "resolved" this problem by swithing off the shockwave player in the add-in manager and switch it on only when I need it. But it is EXTREMELY exhausting to do this operation all the time.

(but you should see the internet without all those flash banners... Much cleaner! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobbyd wrote:

Hello,

I'm running a brand new install of Windows 7 (formatted with Windows 7 on a brand new drive, not upgraded from a previoius OS).  I'm running the 32 bit Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with all the latest MS patches.   I have flash 10,0,32,18 installed.    I can browse many flash pages but about 1 in 12 will eventually crash IE8.   I can go back into IE8 and open the same page that crashed flash/ie8 but it is very frustrating to browse the web and have it crash so often.

i agree   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I made a clean windows 7 install on a Lenovo x200 32bit, all updated with IE8

Everything runs really well EXPECT Flash player 10 keeps crashing my IE8 and the solution center keeps saying that its an Adobe Flash problem.
I have hardly any add-ons other than Flash Player and I have tried to run it with my Anti-virus deatviated and tons of other stuff.

I can only conclude that its an Adobe Flash problem (doooh)

Check out google result on "Adobe Flash Player problems" ..... 378.000.000 results, so with my post it must be 378.000.001 🙂 ... not that Adobe properly would care.

Dear Adobe .... Please get your fingers out of the .... and on the key board and solve the issues !

if that is a financial burden, then F... charge USD 1,00 for the use of the program.
that would give you 378.000.000 bucks to work it out

For that it should be able to buy you a developer, maybe 2 and a grand vacation on the Bahamas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has not been solved. I bought a computer last week. It worked fine until I had a problem with IE8 and blinking flash. I have used firefox and there is no problem and if I disable the add ons for IE8 then the flashing stops. This is a conflict between Microsoft and Sun Microsystems. They and Adobe know about the conflict and they just do not care. It is easier to blame each other or blame the customer than to sit down with one another and work out this problem. It isn't much of a problem with the software as much as with the mentality of the companies involved. I was showing a website that I was half done building .lasvegas.im to a few potential customers and it started off the presentation poorly because of this. Fix it will you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2010 Jan 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but doesn't crash as much as yours.   The difference for me though, is when I view flash and something goes wrong IE8 doesn't just crash.  My whole system reboots.   Oddly enough I have reboot on sys failure turned off, but it reboots anyway.   I just don't get that at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2010 Feb 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI for people viewing this thread.   I went to Event Viewer (type "even"t in your search programs under the "start" icon bottom left of screen)

and found a Kernel-Power critical error.   After searching google on this I found others had the same issue.   A microsoft rep. gave two suggestions.   Make sure all your drivers are up to date and two flash your bios.  My drivers were up to date.  The BIOS in my Biostar TA790GX A3 + was from April 09 I believe.   Then I upgraded to the next version from 9/2/09, but still had issues with this Kernel Power error.  Then I tried the bios from 12/2/09.  I thought this fixed the issue, but I just got lucky and saw the whole video.  Still crashes.   I just bought this board last week, but as you can guess they can't update the bios chip on your Mobo every few months despite the fact its 8 months after the first BIOS chips were installed on these boards.  Point being, if your using Win7 64 bit edition and your motherboard manufacturer hasn't updated their bios since Dec. 09 you may have a similar problem to mine.   You will want to check for the kenerl power error and if you have that then upgrade your BIOS.   Hope this helps someone.  You might want to upgrade your BIOS anyway.  It might solve other problems you may be having with Win 7 in general.   If you have an old motherboard, I probably wouldn't upgrade to Win7 since that board may never be supported under Win7.  Check for the lastes BIOS updates before you make the leap to WIN7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i have the same problem as you up to this morning.

i didn't know what was the cause but from here i understand that the problem is with flash player.

but here is what i did and it worked:

i uninstalled the flash player,

i downloaded microsoft silverlight from microsoft site and installed it

after that again flash player and the problem is gone.

hope it works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some troubleshooting for flash player:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

If you follow all the steps, this will usually lead to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408620.html

The second link includes steps for developers and then steps for users (not sure why they didn't list the users section first). Skip to the users section and follow those steps.

This will fix many flash errors, however there are still some flash videos that are just broken. You should record the URL of the sites that cause your flash player to crash IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not fix any issues...

This is an issue with Flash and Windows 7. It happens on ALL Flash sites.

This happens on FRESH installs of Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running windows 7 too. I understand why you're frutstrated with the issue. But the troubleshooting does fix many issues. I disagree that it is all flash sites. There is certainly a problem, I won't deny that, but for most, the troubleshooting steps work.

My primary work machine is running Windows 7 x64 with all updates and latest version of flash that is running well.

I have another Windows 7 x86 install that is also working well.

At this moment, I am currently from a VM with Vista x86, and the latest versions of IE and Flash, with page heap enabled, trying to produce a crash, and am having difficulty producing crashes without playing videos that are known to be broken.

If you try the steps and they don't work, please provide details, I would like to try to reproduce the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this has anything to do with it but sometimes javascript report another version of flashplayer thant the actual version loaded by the browser. The solution is to uninstall and reinstall.

This website have a test to see that the right FP plug is loaded.

http://millionmind.com/ie8_faulty_flash_player_installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to reply. Not sure if this is EVERYONE's issue. Apparently it was an ATI bug for me. I read in some release notes on some recent updates about there being an "uncommon" bug with flash freezing up in IE on computers using ATI videocards...I updated video drivers and it has been fine since.              

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines