Last flash player from Adobe is broken

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2010 Nov 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Last flash player from Adobe seems to be broken when using with Chatroulette:

1. on Macbook Air camera stopped working
  2. on iMac 27" works, but Safari takes 100% cpu (when Flash Player is running with Chatroulette)

Other users experience the same

My configuration

Mac OS 10.6.4

Flash Player: 10.1.102.64, 10,1,103,19

Safari, Chrome

I tried re-installing Flash Player, creating new account, changing language, changing browsers, running Disc Utility = nothing helped

I tried downloading Chrome because I heard there is different version of Flash Player (10,1,103,19)

Result is same.

Screen shot 2010-11-07 at 1.03.37.png

Hardware is brand new, operating system is brand new. Everything worked until last flash update.

Please assist! Some of our users experience the same problems

As a temporary solution I have installed Adobe Flash Player 10.2 but it is unstable and our users cannot do that. However it works

Thanks much

Andrey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to disable Hardware Acceleration?

Sorry, I know nothing about Mac OS; all I can do is to point you to the troubleshooting page http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/865/cpsid_86551.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but I don't think it helped, because Flash still can't see my iSight camera. Some of the Windows users also report this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is STILL an issue.   There is something badly broken in the Mac version of Flash 10.   I have a brand new macbook pro, and had the original install of flash 9.  My cameras worked fine.   When I upgraded to 10 -- and yes, I *did* uninstall the previous version -- I lost the ability to config my camera, since it stopped appearing in the control panel dialog.

I uninstalled Flash 10, saying many not-so-nice things about Adobe and their exceptionally poor QA in the process, and re-installed Flash 9.   Sure enough, my cam worked like a charm. 

Hey Adobe guys:   If you are reading these forums, PLEASE try to fix this!!!!  Downgrading is only a temporary fix, as more and more sites are specifically requiring for Flash 10.

GET YOUR QA TEAM TO TEST THIS!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines