• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[locked] Flash player crashes all browsers

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past few days Flash Player has crashed all the major browsers, Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3, Opera 10, Safari, and Chrome.  Windows XP 64-bit.  If you want to witness the problem, go to http://www.canaan.jp/ and wait a few moments.  I have sent in as many crash reports as the browsers were able to generate.  I have also read so many entries in other forums that this problem is epidemic.  You are probably already nearly panicking over it, and well you should.  Your monopoly on streaming data is threatening to come crashing down around your ears.  You'd better fix it quick or become accustomed to the sound of peasants banging their pitchforks against the gates and howling for your heads.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 123 Replies 123
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link needs a translation into english. I dont speak Japanese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter what the web page says.  The language is of no consequence.  It is how the page functions when viewed.  It could be in Swahili and the same thing would happen.  The page crashes due to it being a big SWF.  It might take a couple of minutes or even five.  It and many other pages utilizing flash have crashed every browser I try.  I thought it might be just Flash 10 so I reinstalled 9, and then 8.  Same thing happens.  I am beginning to think this problem is viral.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2009 Oct 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems with Japanese, but I fail to see what you want to show us on that page?

When you say you think it's "viral", does it mean your system is infected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I view a page with Flash animation in it, my browser or the

computer crashes sooner or later. This has been going on for about a

week or two. I have tried uninstalling everything that could interfere,

including the KLM codec pack and Quicktime. Every time I reinstall Flash

player the browser or computer starts crashing when a Flash animation

appears. Sometimes I can watch one or two without incident. Then the

crashing starts. I have removed Flash completely now and I have no

intention of installing it again. I sent in enough crash reports to

Mozilla. I'll let them work it out. It also crashes in IE8, Safari,

Opera, and Chrome. It is just not worth the aggravation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it "crashes" all browsers, then it's not Mozilla's problem.

Can you give us some details on the crashes, e.g. module names, error codes, etc. (check Event Viewer).

Of course, if you don't plan on installing Flash Player any more, then you don't need any more help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash does not crash the browser when I have all services except MS

services turned off, and all background programs turned off. I am

currently testing with MSConfig, turning on one service or background

program at a time to see which one, if any, might trigger Flash's bad

behavior. I have thirty-two reboots to go through. I will relay my findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After days of trial and error, Flash is still crashing unpredictably.  I use MSConfig to turn off all except Windows services.  Even after rebooting, Task Manager still shows AVG's avgcsrva.ese, avgrsa.exe, and avgchsva.exe running, so I stop those manually.  As close as I can tell, this is running as close to a clean installation of Windows XP 64-bit with MS updates as can be managed.  I have even tried it with no services running at all other than RPC, DHCP, and DNS to enable web access.  Flash still crashes Firefox and Chrome, sometimes the whole computer.  I am attaching the system information file for your perusal.  Also the latest memory dump file.  This is one of the most persistent problems I have ever come across.  And it just started happening right out of the blue, that's what I don't get.  I can't remember it starting immediately after installing anything or making any drastic system change.  I love problems like this, because I get to sink my teeth into it, and I hate them because I can't find a flipping solution, except to turn off everything in the computer, and that doesn't always work anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2009 Oct 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use http://www.karanlikdunya.net ..work... very good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2009 Oct 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I can't read Turkish and even the online translation sites do a very poor job.  But, thank you anyway.

One thing I have noticed before any crash is that Flash (or rather the browser it is running within) can go to 70% or 90% of CPU usage.  This is a dual core Athlon 3.1GHz with 8GB of DDR2 RAM.  Even my video editing software never goes above 50% when encoding a DVD quality video at 200fps.  This should not be the usual behavior of Flash.  I have seen this on the aforementioned Caanan site, on a video review (#1004) on 3DGameMan.com, and on a couple of videos in YouTube.  Most other videos use between 5% and 35%, and those usually don't crash the browser or the system (usually--but they can.)  I am still looking for a serious answer to this unusual problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at the end of my rope, but on one of the instances my browser crashed - this is the explanation the error message provided:

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\Tracy\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE484.tmp.version.txt

C:\Users\Tracy\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFA5F.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\Tracy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER18C5.tmp.mdmp

I'm wondering whether this could shed any light on the subject - If there are issues with the files been written to the temp folder then perhaps this is the reason system resources are being tapped out etc? I have a Vista OS and use both IE and Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2009 Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player has crashed IE8 on windows 7 for me 14 times in the last 3 days.  I found a partial fix for it under mozilla though.  I went into safe mode with networking after uninstalling flash10 and I reinstalled it in safe mode and low and behold mozilla works without crashing, but IE still crashes.  My computer has not crashed due to it though, just IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2009 Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to try that.  Thanks.  It could be some minescule part of Flash is being corrupted during installation, possibly when being scanned by security software.  It is not crashing so much right at the moment, but it still brings the browser down and occaissionally crashes the entire computer.

LATER: YouTube videos appear to be ok, so far, but http://www.caanan.jp and the video on http://www.3dgameman.com/reviews/1004/infrasonic-amon-usb-20-audio-interface still crash Flash within seconds.  Those two examples push Flash/Firefox to utilize over 90% CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've noted flash is NOT installing its payload on IE and Firefox as

plugins properly.

However, you can go to the flash/shock test site and all browsers work

ok. Just when you go to places like Youtube, it falls over, on a regular

basis, even IF you get it to work on a temp basis. I get sluggishness on

HD video, then a cant connect, then flash is crashed and wont come back..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent.  That's a start.  At least it's reproducible.  I'll be waiting for more news.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATER: YouTube videos appear to be ok, so far, but http://www.caanan.jp and the video on http://www.3dgameman.com/reviews/1004/infrasonic-amon-usb-20-audio-interface still crash Flash within seconds.  Those two examples push Flash/Firefox to utilize over 90% CPU.

Tried both of these links in mozilla and IE8, for some reason www.caanan.jp doesn't come up for me.  The second site plays flawlessly for me on mozilla and IE.  Did you uninstall and reg clean and then safe mode reinstall flash when you guys did it?  That is what I did and for whatever reason mozilla is working for me atm and I only use IE for school because mozilla doesn't work for all of the websites I need for the school, maybe it is a hardware+flash issue?  I have also been able to use IE as of late, even running HQ youtube videos without a crash and seeing no more than about 45-50% CPU usage.  Still though as of yesterday about 3PM I have 14 crashes of IE by flash.

I am running a gateway laptop w/a T9550, 4GB DDR3 1066, 9800M GTS 1GB (186.81 driver series). Mozilla browser version is 3.5.4, IE version is 8.0.7600.16385

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the h*** is adobe not doing anything about this problem?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're on a curry break!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there is an alternative for the flash player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an open source Flash file player called Gnash, but it reports itself as version 7 or 8 so more recent Flash embedded videos still request that you install the latest Flash.  I think that might be an eccentricity of the site the SWF is installed in, not the player itself.  It may be perfectly suitable for watching SWF files stored on the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot even view the test site without my browser freezing.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and firefox 3.5.4 freezes, as well as 32-bit IE8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TidusDaniel54,

Which test page are you testing at?  Is it the one here in adobe.com?  I went to the test page here in adobe.com for flash, show's working fine, but I still have crashing issues. Plus, added shockwave to see if that helped, but still crashing.  The test page link here at adobe.com, I find, is: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/   Is this the one you went to, is there another someplace?  This adobe link reads, in middle of address, for shockwave, but has flash image test there too.  My flash seems to being working fine there, but that does me no good out and about  :O) 

...aaahhhh...why-eee...why meee...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue

Firefox is crashing or closing unexpectedly

Description

Firefox has crashed 3 times today, when I was at facebook- yoville.com game. It is a flash game, which use to freeze and I would have to taskmanager kill firefox to get out of it. Now, everything freezes and tashmanger no longer will come up with ctrl+alt+dlt. Everything stops, I have to unplug power to computer now. Updated to firefox 3.5.4. last week, now taskmanager does not seem to work anymore and flash pluggin crashes everything. xp3/firefox3.5.4/facebook/yoville.com/flash10

Crash ID(s)

had to cut power, don't know?

Firefox version

Operating system

Windows XP

[+]

My attempt day after Monday's post above.  Today being Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2009.

Looked through info on tashmanager, none found on why taskmanager no longer appears when called ctld+alt+dlt; task manager freezes and does not show correct info of what's being running. (Actually someone said it might be a hacker disabling t.m., to bypass it? This being beyond my tech level to hypothesis .)

• removed / re-added flash10, still had crashes.
  • removed / re-added firefox 3.5.4, still crash.
  • emptied cookies / cache. Did nothing for crash as I can see. Still happening in flash games, after about 10 minutes inside. Last time crashed at 5 minutes inside game, rebooted computer before this one.
  • updated xp3 patches earlier today from microsoft.
  • Did disk error check on reboot, don't know what this actually does or fixes if anything since it does not tell me or why a disk errored...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY IS ADOBE NOT REPLYING TO ANY OF THESE COMMENTS???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had an update for IE would this fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines