Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple versions of flash in Firefox on Windows

Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Firefox 29 in Windows 7 on a 64 bit platform.  The Flash plugin keeps crashing, or at least giving me a crash message, constantly.  I can see versions 11.9.900.170, 12.0.0.77 and 13.0.0.214, the current version.  I uninstalled flash and none showed up, then reinstalled the latest version and now I see all three again.  If I disable any one of the three, Flash doesn't work at all.  This seems strange; shouldn't only the latest version be showing up?  Even when Firefox says it's crashed, I can sometimes still get Flash to play.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you see these different versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking the Plugins in FireFox 30 (32-Bit) (Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit):

Plugins for FireFox 30.PNG

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Plugins Status:

These Plugins are Up to Date.PNG

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Control Panel  > Programs:

Control Panel - Programs.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

MacroMedia - System32 - Flash.PNG

C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash

MacroMedia - SysWOW64 - Flash.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains it: you have some old entries in the 32-bit folder.

Try uninstalling all using http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

If that folder is empty after that, reinstall from

otherwise delete everything before reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why I was running the Uninstaller multiple times, other than it keeps searching and deleting some of the files in different areas.   I ran it 3 times where I saw no more changes, then deleted all 4 folder locations.   Install appears to have worked alright, except upon checking -  no text or graphic in the Yellow Box:

Check Flash [No Text in Yellow Box].PNG

Update:  Same blank, Yellow Box problem, but I noticed when I Reload the page (FireFox 30), the "Check Now" text in the orange button is grayed and non-functional.   Not until I hold the Shift button on my keyboard and click Reload will the 'Check Now' button function again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see exactly the same on all browsers.  I think the yellow box is only for error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm.  I thought there would be an 'ok' verification message in there.   Maybe not.   It looks like something should be there  - being that big Yellow Box is showing.

Thanks.   All is OK with Flash 14... and FireFox 30 so far - but I have not open 20+ Tabs yet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines