Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound in Flash

Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded yesterday to Flash Player 11.3.300.257 (Vista 32, IE9). Now no sound on any flash content (Youtube, BBC, etc). Non-flash content on youtube is fine, just Flash.

Have tried options suggestions on help pages (unistall/reinstall, etc.) - No luck?

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Wow.  This thread is from 2012.  I'm going to lock it. 

If you have an actual question, please start a new thread, and use this handy guide on how to get a useful answer: 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also thread Adobe Forums > Flash Player > Using Flash Player > Discussions > Problem with sound after update

some bug in Flash Player 11.3 in all Windows versions, must be solved by Adobe System, but please quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was just a Flash/Vista issue. Updated 3 Win7-64 laptops at the same time - they're all fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unistall the latest Flash update and reinstall the previous Flash 11.2 here's the link

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.2.202.233_archive.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded and successfully installed (or so the system said) Flash 11.2 but I still have no audio via the internet.  One site I try to access tells me it needs Flash player.  I'm running Vista 64 with IE9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can everyone running into sound issues please post their system details (instructions for generating this information can be found here: Windows, Macintosh).  In addition, please try playing audio from both of the test links below, if audio fails for both HTML5 and Flash Player, then you might be running into a problem with your browser / audio mixer.

HTML5 Audio Test

Flash Player Audio Test

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML site works fine, but not flash player site - have submitted bug report. Will now try 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Charlie for adding the bug.  Could everyone affected on this thread please visit Charlie's bug, add your dxdiag reports and cast a vote for this to be fixed?  I'll be following up internally to escalate this issue.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3210964

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, Chris.

Thanks to pArthiva1 for posting the link to earlier version. Have installed 11.2. No problems with the Insect sound test page, various random Youtube pages or BBC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Potential fixes for Flash Player audio problems, see http://www.codecguide.com/fix_for_flash_sound_problems.htm

Message was edited by: Pat Willener; poster reports that this does not fix the 11.3 audio problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 11, 2012.  Windows Vista 32.

After installing the update for Flash Player - 11.3.300.257 - on 6-10-12,

I have no sound on the internet in Firefox, Chrome or Safari.  I do have

sound with IE9.  I also have sound from itunes files that are on my

computer.  I have checked that all browsers are the most current

version and gone through the items on this adobe help page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-

or.html

Thanks to Chris Campbell at Adobe, for posting the sound samples

to try. I get sound on the html sample.  With the flash sample there

is no sound, the player is stuck at "loading" even after several

minutes. I have also filed a bug report including system details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read the forums and I've done everything I can think of to get my sound to work.  I even installed the Adobe uninstaller and ran that but according to the Adobe page it is still installed.  That really makes no sense to me.  I ran both audio tests with the htmls giving me sound but the other never stopped loading.  I had no sound with it at all.  I will be filing a report after I post this. 

This issue needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY as I am going to college online and that requires me to watch and LISTEN to videos!  I can't do that if my sound is not working!  I have even tried to revert to the previous Adobe before the update but that didn't fix my problem either.  This is a HUGE problem for those people like myself that are REQUIRED to have sound on the internet for more than just "play" purposes.

Maliria

:::added later:::::

I have uninstalled the latest version and returned to 11.2 and I have sound in Internet Explorer 8 but not Google Chrome.  Still working on trying to fix the problem with that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

I did the test with the HTML5 vs Flash and the HTML5 worked ok but not the flash.  Sent in a bug report and hope it helps.  The thing is that the test workes fine in IE 9 but not in Chrome19 in my Vista machine.  Hope you guys get it fixed up quickly.  Oh, it also works fine in my Ubuntu Chrome19 so there you have it.

thanks

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg.  In the interim, you might want to downgrade to a previous version until we can work this out if it's blocking you from doing stuff on the net.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this work with Google Chrome because according to Chrome they automatically update their browser to the newest version of Adobe and that is currently why my Adobe still has no sound but my IE does?  Thanks for the advice.  I've uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it but it didn't solve my issue because of their automatic upgrading.  Advice besides using IE because it really is too slow for the internet browsing and gaming that I do.

Mal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also curious how to fix Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris:

How does one get around the problem of the 11.2 and 10.3 installers refusing to install and giving the error message that they are not the latest versions of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update.  The video / audio team is still hard at work trying to fix the audio problems introduced in 11.3.  Would anyone in this thread be willing to test a build of Flash Player that contains a few changes and additional debug logging functionality?  If so, please contact me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey sure I will like to test your latest Flash update hope you guys checked the code before executing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a test build, no promise that it fixes the audio problem.  In fact, it might get worse.  The purpose behind it is to gather debug logs which should give us an idea of what's going on.  You will get instructions on how to uninstall and revert back to the current release or a previous release of Flash Player once the test is complete.

If you are still interested, please email me at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using firefox. No sound in flash test, but got sound in html test. I get sound just fine in ie, but not FF.

Submitted bug report and sent Chris an email about testing the test build. Now I'm going to uninstall flash following the instructions above, and reinstall 10.3 and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used the uninstaller, and got rid of extra flash and macromed folders. Rebooted, and Installed flash 10.3. Sound is BACK!! Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, Using Vista 32bit symptom is no sound with BBC iPlayer or from Youtube since Flash 11.3 - Sound Blaster System test OK, Windows Media Player OK, RealPlayer OK.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled all Adobe products (inc. Flash and AIR), have uninstalled and reinstalled BBC iPlayer - problem persists.  Happy to particapate in any tests.  Quick fix appreciated!

Just to be precise - using IE9

Message was edited by: LiveLongandProsper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clicked it and got only a blank page this is really getting old i have lost my love for adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome provides it's own version of Flash Player.  The underlying framework for this was recently changed which caused a few bugs to (re)appear, this sound issue in particular.  Chrome has updated to a new version today which should fix this issue.  Please go to Chrome's tool menu and select "About Google Chrome".  Wait until the update is complete and then restart.  You can verify that you are using the latest Flash Player for Chrome by going to the following URL and verifying that Flash is at 11.3.31.225.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines