• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ONE UPDATER for Windows 7 - Possible?

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My machine runs Windows 7 and I installed 3 different browsers (IE11, Firefox, Opera) in my machine.

They use different versions of flash player (Active X, NPAPI, PPAPI).

Every time when I update the flash player, it is troublesome because I need to install 3 different updates from Adobe.

The auto updater only redirects me to update one of them only.

Is it possible to create ONLY ONE update for ALL versions of flash players for Windows 7 (same operating system)?

The updater will detect which version of FP installed and update them respectively.

I use fibre to access the Internet, so bigger file size and bandwidth are not my concerns.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a comment and vote for https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2945082

But the above enhancement request was filed in 2011, and nothing has happened since...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ringo su kom‌,

There's thing that will work, If you change the update settings to 'Allow Adobe to Install Updates(recommended)' which will be set for all the three player types --> Background updates. Majority of the Updates will be installed using our silent background only; hence no pop-up.

But, Once in a couple of weeks when we have a major security fix or a major version release we put up a notification just to intimate that flash player users that this change is important or has some important fixes, plus this also supports flash player financially (Flash Player installation and update questions and answers‌).

Please let me know incase more information is required

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have already created one some time ago, and works great!

It uninstalls, does a cleanup depending on the OS, grabs the latest flash downloads for all three( ActiveX in win8.x and higher will not be downloaded or installed ), and installs them silently, I also added shockwave into the mix.

I suspect that Adobe refuses to do something so eloquently simple is because they are trying to force-feed users their sponsors 3rd party bloatware programs and/or use some elaborate method to try and guess the end users needs, but apparently from looking at these forums is nothing more than a mess.

I have all that posted at Source Forge and a simple query on Google should yield the results:

Google Search results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines