• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with sound after update

Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

After update to 11.3 I have no bass sound in subwoofer in Firefox browser (youtube). I uninstall the newest version and install previous (11.2) and bass plays ok.

My os: Windows 7 x64. Sound card Creative X-fi.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no sound in flash player videos in MSIE9.0 after update to Flash Player 11.3.300.257 (cz), Win7 Ultimate 64-bit !!!

I have Realtek sound card integrated on motherboard and I use jack output for middle front speaker(subwoofer) for my headset. Therefore I had set check box interpolate speaker in Realtek HD manager and I have the same stereo sound i my headset as from left and right front speakers without changing cables in one jack socket. It have worked till now OK, but no with version 11.3. Video picture is still OK, but sound not.

In other application e.g. Windows Media Player it works still correctly, but not in Flash Player in MSIE.

If I uninstall this Flash Player 11.3 some videos get back sound on youtube, but then most videos on other servers can't be played at all.

With previous flash player versions there were no problems. Please fix it quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have no sound in any browser after installing update 11.3 this monring.

Windows Vista

Firefox 12

11,3,300,257 installed

I have disabled protected mode following these steps and it has no impact

To disable, add the following line to your mms.cfg file located in:

Windows 32bit: C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash

Windows 64bit: C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash

ProtectedMode = 0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing, this morning June 10th i got the newest update for adobe flash player.  I'm using Win 7 64-bit Ultimate, and Firefox 12.  At first, when i go to youtube.com it hangs and it locks up my brower for 10 to 15 seconds, then it loads the page and there's no sound on any videos.  I first thought it was just Firefox hasn't updated thier browser to work with the newest update for Adobe Flash player, but then when i downloaded and installed Google Chrome, lastest version available, the same problem happens.  No sound, but instead of chrome locking up for 15 seconds, the video that is loading on youtube get about 10 seconds into playing, and it restarts from the begining.  This issue hasn't happened until the flash player update came

I deleted all temporary internet files, cleared browser cache, history, offline pages, and temp files within my OS.  Uninstalled adobe flash, and reinstalled, still no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can everyone running into sound issues please post their system details (instructions for generating this information can be found here: Windows, Macintosh).  In addition, please try playing audio from both of the test links below, if audio fails for both HTML5 and Flash Player, then you might be running into a problem with your browser / audio mixer.

HTML5 Audio Test

Flash Player Audio Test

Thanks,

Chris

Ps. mdavid, thanks for testing out the protectedmode setting and letting us know it didn't make any difference.  Just a reminder, you'll want to enable protectedmode again if you haven't already done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Vista 64 bit with IE9.  I saw FP 11.3 does not support this version of windows.  Before I upgraded to the latest version I had audio from internet sources.  Now I only have the video.  The HTML5 audio test plays fine but the Flash Player audio test doesn't even load.  All plug-ins are enabled and Active-X filtering is off.  If this doesn't help I'll send system specs.

Why is it so difficult to roll-back to the previous version of Flash player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GKezarik, do you see any flash content on this page?  If so, what version is reported back?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

By the way, Flash Player will work just fine in Vista 64 with IE9.  I assume you are using the 32bit version of IE?

How do I determine what version of Internet Explorer is running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see the flash content. Version reported back is current: 11.3.300.257

Still no audio.

And you are correct: IE9 is 32bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GKezarik,

Thanks for checking.  Please open a new bug report on this issue at bugbase.adobe.com.  In the bug report, please include a copy of your system's dxdiag report, a specific URL that causes the problem, any additional steps, and a link to the forum post.  When done, please post back with the bugs URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I updated Flash about 10 minutes ago on my MacBook and now the audio on YouTube videos randomly cuts out for a few seconds.

MacBook 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo

2GB RAM, OSX Lion, FireFox 12.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p4wn3d,

Do both of these test links fail to produce audio?

Test 1

Test 2

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the issues with the new flash and firefox 13 audio capabilities. I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I've gone through the forum here and tried the different links as well. The HTML5 links work fine, the Flash links do not. These last test links both play with sound. Anything else with Flash doesn't seem to work with the audio.

Since it appears that someone else is already in the process of filing a bug report, I'll keep an eye out for it and vote on it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone on this thread please create a new bug report at bugbase.adobe.com.  In it, please include your system's dxdiag report, a test URL, steps to reproduce, and a link to this thread.  Once added, please post back with the bug's URL so that others affected can add their dxdiag reports, votes and comments.

I'm going to follow up internally and escalate this issue.

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its also ok if we get duplicate bug reports.  I'd rather have that then not have any.  In fact, manitu, I suspect you might want to open your own report since your case only affects the subwoofer channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read through the thread and it reflects my problem somewhat closelty. I'm not losing all audio, but my audio instead behaves like stereo when it should be 5.1. Bug report submitted as requested here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3211050

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having audio problems since the 11.3 update - both in Chrome and Firefox.  Html5 works fine.  Flash has crackling sounds and other distortions.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3212648

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3210970 There is my bug report. Thanks, Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

My problem is summed up in this topic.

Updated Flash Player with 11.3 this morning (june 12th 2012) and since then my 7.1 Sound System works only 2.1. If i enable EAX Effects, works on 7.1 but since it`s just a room it sounds very odd.

I have no problem with sound on HTML 5 websites for that matter, Winamp, Video Players, games.

Uninstalled Flash Player, sounds work ok without it on different browsers, other than Chrome (since it has FP built in).

I hope for a sollution soon.

Thank you.

*edit*

Untill there is a permanent solution, i found a way to deal with my issue and i hope it will help others.

I personally use Chrome and this is for this browser:

1. Type "about:plugins" w/o the quotation in the navigation bar.

2. On the upper right u will see "Details" click it then find the word "flash", and you will see something like this:

Flash (3 files) - Version: 11,3,300,257

Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
Version: 11,3,300,257

3. I say again, this worked for me on Chrome. The 3 files i have, two of them are Version 11,3,300,257 and one is 11.2.31.144

4. Simply disable the lates version 11.3 and enable the previous version 11.2
I hope this helps.

Message was edited by: AndrewPAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did something similar, though in my case I uninstalled Flash Player 11.3 and downloaded a legacy version from 11.2 from the Adobe site. It works for now, and I won't upgrade until I hear of a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I'm running Flash Player 11.3.300.257 in Chrome 19.0.1084.56 under Vista 64-bit, and on your `Test #2` link to Youtube, I'm not getting any audio either.  The Clip "Test #1" that uses HTML 5 video works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I've tested solution from @Chris

1. Html5 Audio test works correctly

2. Flash player audio test probably works ok, but I'm not sure becuase it doesn't contain bass and I don't hear it. I have 5.1 sound system.

3. Disabling protected mode is not helpful.

I back again to version 11.2 and all sound on youtube plays ok in all channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the HTML5 link you posted and i get sound no problem, i used the adobe flash play sound test link and there's no sound and it won't play.

I've subbmitted my bug report.  I hope that this issue is resolved.

bug report - https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3211059

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a report id 3215881 about the crackling audio - then discovered that changing from 'SRS' premium audio to 'idt' audio in the Windows control panel eliminates the problem entirely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this exact same problem - since installing 11.3 today, I have no sound in Flash content, such as YouTube.

I'm running 32-bit Vista and using Firefox 13.

Strangely though, when I use IE9 on the same computer, the sound works fine. Only Firefox has no sound.

It's clearly related to the 11.3 update though. Before the update today, sound worked perfectly in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuttgart, can you please try this troubleshooting FAQ to see if Protected Mode is causing the loss of your sound?  Given mdavid's report I suspect it won't matter but I'd like to verify anyway.

How do I disable Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines