• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Flashplayer 10.1 and what I have done

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the newest Flashplayer and from that point on have had nothing but headaches.

I have done the following to fix it:

1.  Uninstalled all versions of Flashplayer and then reinstalled 10.1

2. Deaccelerated the hardware from the flash player box

3. Made sure that third party cookies/whatnot are enabled.

4. Made sure that I have the latest Video driver for my PC

5. Tried going back to the FP 9 with no sucess. Same problem occurs + it makes me update to 10.1 as soon as I go to any site that uses it.

I am using the very latest Mozilla Firefox Version.

What more can I do?  I'm at wits end.  I can't play any of my Facebook apps as it constantly crashes the Flash player.

Edit to add the following:

I am using Windows XP Home.  My pc uses 32 bit.  I am using Firefox 3.6.4

I have also tried using IE 8 and Chrome with no success with the flashplayer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think we need to take a look and see what Flash files are Installed. Go go C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.

Open Flash and post back all files listed there. The NPSWF files you will need to right click and then click on Properties to obtain the version numbers.

Then using IE, go to Tools, manage add ons. If you still have IE8, find Tools & Extensions and find All Add ons. Look for Shockwave Flash Object...ActiveX Control...Flash10h.ocx and make sure that is listed and Enabled.

Then using FF(Firefox) find the plug-ins and SWF vs 10.1.53.64 and make sure it is listed and Enabled.

Let me know on the above.

Thanks,

eindolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay in order I have in that folder:

1. Flash 10x.och

2, Flashplayer.xpt

3, FlashUtil10h_ActiveX

4, FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.dll

5. FlashUtil10h_Plugin

6. NPSWF32.dll Version 10.1.53.64

In FF, the SWF is the one you list and is enabled.

In IE8, the one you list is current and enabled also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. I'm sure that one entry is Flash10h.ocx and not Flash10x.och, just a typo. All of your Flash files and the 2 add ons are correct. Now one of the new features of the 10.1 is something called Hardware Acceleration and it is turned ON by default. Many users are having problems with it and find by turning it off has helped. I noticed that you have updated your Video driver and that is one thing that is being recommended. Another, is to update the graphics driver, so you may want to do that. Following is a thread that has info on the way to turn off the H.A., look for Post #16. You would do this on Farmville/game.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/660726?tstart=0

In that thread(I forgot which post) you will see what that window looks like "Display Settings"

Hope this works for you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already disabled the hardware acceleration for Flashplayer.  I think you are right that I made a typo on that one. Went and checked and what you said it was it correct.

I have already updated the graphic driver to the newest for mine.

*sigh*

I really appreciate your trying to help. I am just getting so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for the delay, the forum logged me off when I tried to send my message! Your Flash files along with the 2 add ons then are correct.

Now it could be that Farmville has not updated and you have. Then it could be an add on in IE or FF that is conflicting.

Do you have adblock enabled in FF? Any pop up blocker software installed?

Sometimes an Anti-Virus program will cause a problem, which one do you use and does it have any add ons in IE or FF?

Just a couple of things to check.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already disabled any block up popper, including anything that  blocks ads.

I use Norton's Security Suite.  Looking to  see if it has anything in the plugins or extensions.

It does have one for Norton. Something about Norton IPS. I will try disabling and see if it makes a difference. Will be an hour or so before I can check to see what happens.

Thank you for your continuing help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi subangel, I am experiencing the same things you are and no Adobe tech or representative has figured it out yet! There are thousands of Forums all over the computer talking about these same issues (*Goggle it and see) I have been contacted by eidnolb also, and also he has not fixed my or anyone elses problem with this issue. They wanted me to pay $39.00 to check it out also !?? Lets hope we figure this out soon! I am missing the World Cup Soccer on ESPN3 because of this same issue !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi subangel, Take your time, I've had delays. Yes, that IPS is a problem sometimes. If that doesn't help, I have almost anything in a folder that you would want to know (and more) about Norton  The Norton Suite has that Firewall too, doesn't it? That could block the Install, but don't think it would be affecting Flash Player or the sites. Trying to keep up with all of the various Anti-Virus programs is worse than Flash Player:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled the Norton IPS. Still crashes the Flashplayer.

Going  to try reverting back to what gat recommended.

Edit:

Reverted back to the 10.0 and any site I go to that uses flash is telling me to update to the newest.  *sigh*  I wish I knew what to do or what more there is to do.

Thank you both for trying so hard to help.  I'm still plugging away trying to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi subangel, Well you are between a rock and a hard place:-) When you go back to vs 10, then the websites that have moved on, you're behind. Sometimes you have moved ahead and some websites are still behind.

Many users are having problems with the 10.1, hope you didn't feel like you were alone. The problems may be different, depending on their system set up, add ons, anti-virus, etc. But once all of the Flash files and the ActiveX Control for Flash are correct, then finding what the problem is just takes some searching out.

Take a break:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I know I am not alone. Hopefully with all I have done, it will help someone to figure out what the problem is...or at least be a small nudge in the right direction.  I am going to take that break. *smile*

Thanks for you help. You and gat have been very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi subangel, glad you're going to take a break. Tomorrow we can "fight" again  It just could have been one thing that was overlooked when you first Uninstalled/Installed the 10.1 and then things just snowballed. It's also hard to remember each step taken. Sometimes it is best just to clear the deck and start completely over. (not tonight tho:-)

Take care, we'll get it done somehow.

e/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

subangel wrote:

Reverted back to the 10.0 and any site I go to that uses flash is telling me to update to the newest.

Do you mean to say that these sites would not allow you to see content with Flash Player 10.0?

Can you give me one or two addresses where this happens - I would like to test that with Flash Player 10.0.45.2.

P.S. I have to admit that this whole thing is quite a mess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facebook. For Farmville, Fronterville, ZooWorld.  When I go to You Tube, it also forcefeeds me the newest version of Flash.

ZooWorld on Facebook would not let me see anything without updating to the 10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do some testing tomorrow; right now I have to go out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have solved my problem.  (Couldn't sleep. Too hot where I live)

I found it on Adobe.com, but now can't find it again.

I typed about:config in the location bar and then dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs in the filter area.  I changed the 10 in timeout Secs to 60 and so far have had no problems with flash crashing.  This has worked for me for Farmville and Fronterville, CafeWorld also.  Been able to get into all three and no crashes.

Thank you all for the help.  I know where to come if it isn't solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great news - thank you for the feedback!

One question: is that with Flash Player 10.0 or 10.1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2010 Jun 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is with 10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, great!

P.S. have you seen that a corrected Firefox 3.6.6 was released yesterday?  (But it will keep the value that you have assigned to dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did, and the first thing I checked was the timeout. Thank you so much for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are one of the few people in this forum who has already done all the things we usually recommend before posting.  Unfortunately that leaves us with very few more options.

In this case I recommend that you revert to the 10.0.45.2 version of Flash Player:

Disclaimer: the two installers to download are on my own website; this is not an official Adobe download.  There is a download for archived Flash Players on the Adobe site at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html, but these download files are very large!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is 10.0 safe? Did 10.0 not have security issues? I need to make sure I am not trading one problem for another. Have you not found any solution to this 10.1 Flash player problem yet? I have been following every chat on at least 3-4 sites discussing this issue and hundreds of posts and more and more each and everyday! Is there a solution? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding 10.0: there is a security issue concerning PDF documents with Flash contents.  In the more than 15 years I have used PDF documents I have not once seen a PDF with Flash content.  I think the risk is very minor.

Regarding 10.1: there are numerous issues, and quite a few of them can be dealt with very quickly.  Unfortunately in this particular topic it is not clear what the problem actually is, just that the original poster had already tried all solutions I have offered for various problems in this forum.  This is why I suggested here to revert to 10.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it. I am curious though, are there not tons of people that are finding no answer other than switching back to 10.0? I was on the phone with Adobe for 2 hours today and got nothing accomplished and nothing answered. Plus they tried to get me to pay $39.00 to fix it??? Even though I believe there is no fix,"at least right now" for this yet..."Is there?" A employee from Adobe today took control of my computer for over an hour today and couldn't get it to play "you tube" videos...and gave up! and again brought up the idea of paying $39.00 to a tech to fix it....I say again..."Is there a real solution to this Adobe Flash player 10.1 scenario"??? I feel so angry to not be able to get a definitive answer to this problem. Talking to so many Adobe personnel today and most act like this is "my problem" not theirs??? Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines