• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSA Playing Flash After 2020

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look into ruffle.rs it intends to let flash function on sites normally and even extend to mobile devices.

There are a few issues but they are working on it. If you have your own flash site please let me know what that site of yours is.

If you have the entire swf file as in it needs no internet connection to function right then users could also download the file and play it with a standalone SWF / Flash Player. As in an independant program for swfs and not a plugin for your browser. Just load the swf file with the player. Might even be able to do so with your mobile device too if you get the right player.

No single independent flash player plays all swfs but a good one should play most of your swfs more or less as originally intended. As with all independant programs or any program really there is the risk of something naughty in the code but ive never had a issue.

Spread the news to flash sites you like about Ruffle.

The Internet Archive is looking to make an archive of swfs and so is this site. https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

Do your part and tell the world. Preserve what you can y8, albinoblacksheep, weebls-stuff, dagoba, somethingaweful flash tub, armor games, kongregate, and newgrounds are some names worthy of mention amongst many. Feel free tp add to the list.

If you go here https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html while its still up below the stop sign grab a standalone player from adobe that works for you. See if you can start a file through drag and dropping it on the player too if you want.

(Tag buttons dont work on this site.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

thanks dude, it would be nice to attract more Rust and Typescript developers to finalize Ruffle to cover the whole AVM1 and AVM2 API asap! Edited by Moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks dude, it would be nice to attract more Rust and Typescript developers to finalize Ruffle to cover the whole AVM1 and AVM2 API asap! Edited by Moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Tell every site you can before they do something stupid please. Flash was a silver lining in an otherwise tragic life. If I can help it I refuse to let it be murdered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since 3 years I relay an help any Flash alternatives. I won't be so unhappy if Adobe just offered/sell a transpiler or any kind of software helping codes or SWF to be converted in standard format, but it's not the case. only open source are working hard to avoid the disaster, like apache royale, ruffle, waflash and chearpX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out. Its a browser that says its flash compatible after 2020 and it claims to work on mobile devices too. https://www.puffin.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out about a browser that promises continued flash use after 2020. Says it works on mobiles too. https://www.puffin.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is being murdered. Nothing said can change that but things can be done to save it.

If you load the swf file in firefox or waterfox you and right click, select inspect element, at the top of what pops up should be a bar with lots of words, select network, sort by type, find your swf file no matter what strange name it was given, right click and save it.

Alternatively an easier method is after the swf file is loaded or sometimes even before you can right click somewhere, hit page info, wait for the popup to load, select media, sort by type, and save your swf file again. Be sure to check it in a working player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an internal application used for our company built on the Flex framework with a Livecycle backend. Is there a way I can test this would work with your solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I couldnt say but if you wish to get more help with using ruffle.rs they have a discord and I hear the people there are happy to help anyone having issues with their code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines