• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question: how to get the adobe plug in to play a downloaded flv file ?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how to get the flv adobe plug in which i downloaded as a result abc or nbc or cbs.com i forget exactly which said i had to and also it seems to be used for playing most all videos from web such as those from utube,hulu, etc. So my question is how do i get the plug in to play any downloaded *.flv video ?  The particulars on the one i have is:

Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
Execute: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_plugin.exe"
Extract: NPSWF32.dll
Extract: NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
Extract: flashplayer.xpt

also perhaps FLVPlayer.swf of about 9Kb may have something to do with it?

And the latest update i have was about jan 13 when it seemed to automatically take over my system and update itself.x

I know it has the ability to do what i want- which is full screen cropped ,change aspect ratios etc. and seems

It has to be able to or else it could not play the files and give those options which it does on some videos like from utube etc. in the first place. Unfortuneately it has something also to do with the useless *.swf files which are apparently of no use to anything and could certainly be eliminated .

I have downloaded several freebie flv players such as bs player etc. etc. but they all have so many faults and are not suitable. Bs player does what i want but it hangs , have to go to system mgr. to get out of it sometimes , often difficult to use etc.etc. The main features is i need is to be able to make and play playlists to automatically in full screen one after the other in a specified order with NO user intervention and the ability to magnify or 'pan in' i guess they call it and change aspect ratios so that i can have full screen as if just cropping part of horizontal such as if want to view a 16/9 aspect ratio on a computer as i have with the prior standard 4/3 aspect and change a downloaded vertically stretched to a cropped instead etc.

Also it doesn't make sense to download others and take up disk space when already have the adobe - also adobe seems to be the only one that plays hulu flv's correctly - on other flv players the video and audio are way out of sync and not just by few seconds but often by a minute or more. I know there is another 'pain' way to do it which is create a *.avi or other extension with loss of clarity etc. which have done but would like to be able to just do it in real time while playing the flv file itself as for example

as bs player does.

Anyway if there is no way to get adobe to do this does anyone know of any other free flv player downloads which will do what

i want - basically playlists, magnify , pan,crop and still full screen, change aspect ratios -  other than bs player ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The plugin is what it is: a browser plugin - it cannot act as a standalone player.

To play local flv files you either need to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines