• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bulk Master Page delete

Participant ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inherated book files that have as many as 72 master pages. Some of these pages have similar names. An example is there are 6 TOC master pages. I want to remove all Masters not ebing used. Then Import only the page formates I'm using.

Question, is there a way to delet all these from each Doc file at one time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my DeleteFormats script at frameexpert.com/store.

DeleteFormats

DeleteFormats is an ExtendScript script that allows you to quickly delete the following formats from your FrameMaker documents and books: Paragraph, Character, Table, Condition, Cross-reference, Variable, Marker types, Master pages, and Reference pages. The interface can be localized to any language supported by FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I guess FrameMaker doesn't have a way to do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's why I wrote the script. You could save the document as MIF (Maker Interchange Format), which is a text representation of the FrameMaker document. You could go through and find the master page section and delete them there. When you reopen the MIF with FrameMaker, they should be gone. You do have to be careful editing MIF files as you could cause some damage. But this is a way to go if you don't want to purchase third-party software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of DeleteFormats:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks nice but my company will not purchase third party software. I just have to click and remove, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contact me offlist and I will provide you an alternative way to get it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines