• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot initialize API client C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\fminit\Publisher\FMReview.dll

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my company we use Adobe FrameMaker as part of Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2015. Few days ago some people installed the Adobe® FrameMaker® 2015 update 5 (2015.0.5). After this some of these people get an message box when starting FrameMaker

"Cannot initialize API client C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\fminit\Publisher\FMReview.dll .

Check for errors in the APIClients section of C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\maker.ini, verify that the client program exists, and make sure you have enough swap space to run the client."

MsgBox Cannot init FMReview.dll.png

The entries in Maker.ini

FMReview=Standard, Review FrameMaker Documents, fminit\Publisher\FMReview.dll, all, null, fminit\Publisher

;------Scripting client should added to last, so that its available for FrameMaker plugin------

The file FMReview.dll is available and was last changed September 2016.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

thank you. I already found this answer. Do you know the reason for FMReview.dll. What happens when I disable this dll ?

BR

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to the other poster - nothing. The fact that it thinks it's in the \Publisher\ folder would indicate it might have something to do with PDF reviews of published output, but PDF isn't one of the layout formats that FM supports (but creating Review PDFs as an output IS one of things that RoboHelp does) - my suspicion is that it's something of the RH guts that got sucked into FM to fix some issues with browser security outputs in FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines