• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH link is not working in CHM file

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame maker 2020 chm file(windows help file),  the context sensitive link is not working properly when called from visual sutdio and a map id is specified

TOPICS
Error , Publishing , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM are you running? Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check. Was it working before? If so, what's changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Framemaker version 16.0.2. We are able to launch chm file if we dont provide mapid but if we do provide map id the chm file is not launching

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current FrameMaker version is 16.0.3. Is it possible that you update to this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in a company and that version needs to be cleared by IT, we have updated from 2019 to 2020 and we encountered this issue. Please let me know if this is an issue and i can take it up with IT and try to update to latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in a company and that version needs to be cleared by IT, we have updated from 2019 to 2020 and we encountered this issue. Please let me know if this is an issue and i can take it up with IT and try to update to latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should update regardless - each patch fixes issues in the release. Your IT should see the value in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to the latest version 16.0.3, it is still not working in the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it working before? I suspect it's something in your CSH call that you're making.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is called by using a sysytem.windows call (visual studio 2019 and windows 10) and it is working when the file output is generated in Framemaker 2019 but when we upgraded it to 2020 , its not able to call when using the map id . We are able to open the file without the mapid but when you specify the map id it is not able to open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'll need to have a talk with the FM folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks , will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the text of the marker for the ID? 

Is it all IDs or just one?

Is it working if Visual Studio is removed from the workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all IDs , we are trying to launch the correct page using context sensitive help (.h) file and chm file . Our product is created in visual studio and the product output is not able to launch chm file with CSH . Even with visual studio and without it we are not able to launch with CHM file with CSH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar (or the same) problem. CSH works in help generated by FM 2019 and not generated by FM 2020. I submitted a bug where the .h file was copied to the output directory incorrectly (a <book><book>.h  file was created in the output folder instead of <book>.h). This bug was fixed in FM 2020 Update 4, but the problem with CSH was not fixed. I have help generated in 2019 that works fine, but when generated in 2020 with the same source files (and same .h file), CSH doesn't work. I am starting to think that there is some sort of disconnect with the help files generated in FM 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have logged an issue with Adobe,  they are working on it and we can expect a fix soon. But this is an issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having a similar issue with exporting to HTML5 (we have a similar creation environment of .h and VS). I've used standalone machines to test each new version and CSH markers fall apart to the point we haven't upgraded, and are staying with 2019. Even had support logon to my machine and look over my files. The newer software versions seem oddly unsupportive of the maintained .h file method of generating anything with CSH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had meetings with Adobe but they are not keen in proceeding with chm file,  they are trying to convince us to move to html5 and are suggesting to abandon chm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CHM is ancient technology and isn't being developed anymore by Microsoft (the inventor of CHM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We were in the same place as you back in 2019, and the step forward between chm and html5 was actually quite a small one. The publishing system FM uses makes it more of a simple process than it could have been. We're using the text section of the csh markers from the .h file and those are called in our software in a browser window driven by the software.

Our process used to be generate files in FM, pass to 3rd party software to create CHM and embed in the software. Now we use FM from start to finish, host the live help on the web and the software stands alone. Except for context point changes, we can update the help independent of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines