• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Moving Tables in Framemaker 10

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the following error when moving tables to a different page in framemaker:

Internal error 10004, 8134312, 8140430, 8137451

The error happens any time I move a table that has an excel link in it to another page in a framemaker document with lots of text.  For example, framemaker shuts down whenever I move a table that displays at the bottom of page 2 to display at the top of page 3. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please specify your exact version of FM shown in Help > About.  Updates are shown here:

Updates - Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows

Also, please describe how you move the tables, using keyboard shortcuts or ...? Are the excel files located on your system or are they on a network? Do you save the file first, before you attempt the move? How much content do you move, i.e. do you select just  the table (and if so, how?) anchor, or the paragraph that the table is anchored in, or multipe paragraphs before/after the table.

And last, does the error happen when the table is moved by adding paragraphs in front of the table, or is it just when cutting/pasting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 10.0.0.388

I move the tables using keyboard shortcuts.  I highlight the upside down "T" and copy and paste to a different section of the text.

I have done it with the excel files both on my system and on a network. It doesn't seem to matter.

Sometimes I have saved the file first before doing the move, sometime I have not.

I just select the table and maybe a blank space or two.

The error usually occurs when adding paragraphs in front of the table as well.  The only way I can move tables is by deleting the link to excel, then moving and re-pasting the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that others might test a similar scenario, could you describe how you are inserting the link to the excel document in the table -- is it a link to a worksheet, or a named range, or ... ? Does it also happen if the link is outside a table?

Also, what version of Excel are you using? If it's Office 2010, do you also have the recently released service pack 1?

Could you test with a file created with an older version of Excel?

In the meantime, you might also report this as a bug, on this form:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will,

Please upgrade to FrameMaker 10.0.1. The updater software is available here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, maybe I was just dreaming this, but didn't somebody at Adobe finally say that they were going to use just one system of patch numbering, or at least make it clearer how the point numbers (10.0.1) correspond to the patch numbers p(xxx)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheila,

As I can see starting with FrameMaker 10 the "p" in the detailed version number is gone. The patch level was merged into the version number including patch release numbers:

10.0.0.388 (released version)

10.0.1.402 (June 2011 update)

The error numbers also reflect that:

Internal error 10004

means running 10.0.0 on Windows (the 4), with the current version 10.0.1 it would have been Internal error 10014.

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a link to a worksheet - I select a range of cells and copy, then paste the link into the table.
I can also recreate the error if it is outside a table (though it doesn't happen all the time).
I am using Office 2010, but it happens using Office 2003 as well.  I am currently installing service pak 1.
I updated framemaker as well, and still get an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's disappointing that the FM update didn't cure what ails. A few more questions:

1. When you say "select a range of cells" could you clarify whether you mean a named range (using Excel terminology) or do you mean you highlight an ad hoc number of cells.
  2. Is there anything special about the source cells, e.g are they equations, or are they just regular content (text, numbers, etc)
  3. When you say "paste the link into the table" do you mean that you use the Windows clipboard, so in other words are you doing a Ctl-c to copy a group of cells in Excel and a Ctrl-v to paste them into a cell in FM?   The word "link" can be a bit confusing, I just want to be sure that folks who can test this are  doing exactly the same steps.
  4. After you updated FM (and the Office SP1), did you reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I highlight an ad hoc number of cells

2. The source cells usually contain equations

3. I do Edit>Paste Special and then select "Paste Link." I do this so that changes I make to the analysis in excel are automatically reflected in the report.

4. Yes. Still getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you test using FM's "Fluid View" format:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WSd817046a44e105e21e63e3d11ab7f7709d-7fae.html

edit: What I'm wondering is whether the actual repagination is what's triggering the crash, so using the FluidView format might avoid the repagination.

Message was edited by: Sheila Carlisle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Michael, that is enormously helpful information -- Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question, what O/S are you on?

Unfortunately linking content by using OLE has always been prone to problems in FM, because there have been so many changes to OLE over the years. As an example MS has been forced to make significant changes to OLE because of Windows security issues, so each time they change things it could easily impact FM docs that use OLE.

Some folks here have no problem at all, but many have seen/experienced too many link problems and irretrievably broken docs and so avoid OLE at all costs.

If you're on Win 7, it could even be related to something tangental such as file permissions or ownership.

If you do a Google advanced search for topics on this forum you'll find lots of threads showing some of the difficulties with OLE (unfortunately this forum's search tool seems to be irretrievably broken) so use the following terms in a google search box:

AdobeGoogleSearch.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a lot of threads about OLE being an issue!

I'm using Windows 7 Professional, and it sounds like using Framemaker 10 with Windows 7 should have fewer issues.

I tried FluidView, but that made it read only, so I could not change the position of the tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines