• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

False Rumor: FrameMaker will no longer be supported from Adobe

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the phone with an Adobe technical rep for another issue not related to Frame Maker and he indicated that Frame Maker was going to be discontinued and not offer supported from Adobe...is that correct..?

Message was edited by: Barbara Binder

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

This is complete nonsense. We have just released FrameMaker 2019 in August last year, released two Updates since then and are already working on Update 3. At the same time work for the next FrameMaker major release has already started.

There are absolutely no plans to discontinue FrameMaker.

Please send me a private message and let me know to whom you were talking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is complete nonsense. We have just released FrameMaker 2019 in August last year, released two Updates since then and are already working on Update 3. At the same time work for the next FrameMaker major release has already started.

Please send me a private message and let me know to whom you were talking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker is not part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products, so perhaps he understood that it wasn't supported by ​his​ business unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just told the same thing by an agent. Adobe really needs to educate their support staff! We have over 1500 licenses here at my company and this kind of misinformation can really deal a blow to Adobe's reputation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevh59634280

You should definitely get @Stefan the info on that person!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I WISH I had grabbed his name!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably PM Stefan anyway with your Adobe client info - I'm sure they will have a record of the interaction with Support that he can look up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent Stefan a message. I still have concerns though re: the future of FM and Adobe. FM is not listed on MY APPs or ALL APPS on the Adobe site. What I hear and what I see isn't lining up which troubles me since I finally switched my team back to Frame from Broadvision Quicksilver (If you don't know what Quicksilver is that's fine; its an obscure ugly app that was initially forced upon us). I really hope FM remains in the Adobe lineup because it works really well with Illustrator and Acrobat Pro. It would be a sad day if I had to find alternatives. I just might have to retire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what spot on the Adobe site you're referring - any sort of "my apps" list attached to my Adobe login is all focused on Creative Cloud apps and FM is definitely not part of that suite. I can see references to FM and TCS if I search for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevh59634280 :

I agree with Jeff—FrameMaker is part of the Technical Communication Suite and not the Creative Cloud. All Apps is a listing in the Creative Cloud desktop app, for the Creative Cloud apps. Of the two, Creative Cloud has a much larger user base, and more marketing dollars so you will hear about it a lot more.

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 3.24.00 PM.png

I see no signs that FrameMaker is going anywhere. It may have a smaller user base, but that base is passionate about the product and really, really needs it for what they do. There is no alternative in my book. I'm looking forward to the next release.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kevh59634280

Would be great if you can drop me an email with your email address (associated with adobe id) so we can dig into more details on this support call.

Just to update, the team is already working on Update 4 for Adobe FrameMaker 2019 release and work is underway for the next major release of FrameMaker (some great new features)

Thanks

Amitoj Singh, Product Manager, Adobe Technical Communication Tools

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines