• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2017 Rotate Graphics toolbar

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded the TechCommSuite updates an I am running FM 2017 on Win10 64-bit.

How can I rotate the graphics toolbar so that is is horizontal instead of vertical. Dragging it to the toolbars attaches it, but it is still vertical and so takes up half the screen?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. It doesn't rotate anymore, that I can see, at least.

You might log that in as a feature (restore) request:

Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tech support had a look and couldn't get it working either.

They are checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My observation after two weeks on 2017 is that we have lots of good improvements but there a few features are no longer working as expected. I made a list when I taught last week—almost all of items on my list relate to the interface. In theory, no big deal except that we use the interface every day and we like to have it working as expected. I'm going to go log in my list now, and will add yours, as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphics toolbar in FrameMaker (2017 release) is a vertical-only toolbar like in other Adobe applications (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's where I'm entirely unclear on interface changes—what's a feature and what's a bug.

I will note, Stefan, that while I prefer the vertical toolbar (and really like the slimmer profile in 2017), I notice a lot of my advanced students routinely dock the graphics toolbar horizontally, under the quick access bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But NOT like previous releases of Framemaker.

I cannot pin it to either side of the screen. It just floats there in the middle of things. I can pin it to the toolbar, but its still vertical and it takes up half the screen with empty space. This makes it harder to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to Graphics > Tools it the graphic toolbar should automatically dock in on the left side of the screen.

However, this toolbar remembers its last position. When you have un-docked it before, close it and reopen it, it will appear at the same position where it was before you closed it.

When you move the toolbar to the left of the screen again, at one point there will appear a blue line indicating where it will dock in when you continue to drop it there. When you move the mouse slowly it will just "snap" to the left screen edge. In that case, move it back to somewhere else and then again to the left side of the screen a little bit faster until you see the blue line and release the mouse button.

I have noted down your and BarbBinder​'s feedback and we will discuss how we can improve this and maybe bring back the possibility to dock in the toolbar at the top (horizontally).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be less bothered if it DID bind to the left or right side of the screen, but it doesn't. No blue line at all, and that was confirmed by Adobe tech support. They couldn't get it working either.

I'm not sure why you decided to remove the horizontal docking feature. To make it like other programs seems a weak argument.

As it is, it should not be dockable at the top of the screen since it just makes a mess of the workspace. It should be dockable to the sides, but it isn't. Now the thing just floats there in the middle getting in the way of everything.

I will submit an enhancement request / bug report.

Thanks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to file in a request/bug report. I have already done this in our internal system 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines