Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 12 will not display menu items correctly outside the office network

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe FrameMaker 12. My menu items will not display correctly if start the frame maker outside the office network. If I start the FM12 at work and then use it outside the office network them menu items will continue to display correctly.

Has anyone seen this before?

Is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance.

-Ajay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

That looks like the issue that FM12 had with high resolution monitors - it got fixed in newer versions of FM, but you can try a workaround. Go into the properties of the FM12 shortcut and go to the Compatibility tab. There's a flag in there about high DPI displays (I forget the exact wording). Try selecting that and restart FM. It might make a difference. The other thing to try and play around with is the Windows properties of your monitor - you probably have it set to 120% or something - drop i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied all the FM12 patches? Are you working on different sized monitors? Is there something running in your office environment that impacts your machine when it's connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have installed all Patches. I am using it in a single monitor mode(When in office network, menu appear correctly with single monitor or multiple monitor mode). It happens even though, I run only FM12 application. Below is an example of grumple menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajay:

What do you mean by "not display correctly"? Can you share a screen shot?

This doesn't sound like the issue but it is possible to hide some menu commands. You can try View > Menus > Complete.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

I tried clicking view-> menu->complete. But it did not improve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the issue that FM12 had with high resolution monitors - it got fixed in newer versions of FM, but you can try a workaround. Go into the properties of the FM12 shortcut and go to the Compatibility tab. There's a flag in there about high DPI displays (I forget the exact wording). Try selecting that and restart FM. It might make a difference. The other thing to try and play around with is the Windows properties of your monitor - you probably have it set to 120% or something - drop it back down to 100% and it might have an impact on your FM screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. It did solve the problem.

Thanks Barb for taking time to reply. Your help was much appreciated.

Regards

Ajay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! And we are always happy to help, Ajay.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, it's the toolbars that are bizarre. Hopefully, Jeff's advice will work for you. Please come back and let us know.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines