• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2017 locks up when opening Object Properties

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FrameMaker 2017 with the latest updates on a Windows 10 machine. Randomly when I try to open Object Properties it locks up FrameMaker requiring Task Manager to end the process. I try to constantly save so that I don't lose too much work, but invariably when I forget to save before opening Object Properties is when it decides to crash. Is there a workaround or a fix for this or do we have to live with this unbelievable inconvenience?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Force Fm to rewrite your prefs folder by renaming the folder at

%appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\14

to

14-old

Restart FrameMaker and see if the problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may have worked for a time, not sure if it was longer between crashes. However, in the end it did lock up again and I was forced to end the process via Task Manager. Hopefully, Adobe will look into this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@hsqt26221994 - you'll need to actually log a bug for Adobe to get it on their radar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines